Chapter 37

Everything, At once.

March 5th, 2023

March 5th, 2023

3 Months later

My birthday was tomorrow and I didn't know how to feel. I was obviously excited because i'd be twenty-two, but this would be the first birthday that i'd spend without my parents and sister.

It did hurt me but I finally felt at peace in my life.

Arlo and I's relationship was doing really well. He was going to therapy and I started going to, just to heal properly. We were communicating well and trying to stop old habits that were an issue to the way we love.

Now I feel like i've been the happiest i've ever been, i'm finally with someone who values me and adores me far more than i'd ever imagined someone would.

It was a complete upgrade and I'm glad the universe had brought us together.

I laid currently in his bed as we watch movies together,
his arms wrapped around my body as he's slowly dozing off. It was one of those nights for me where I stayed up and thought about how different my life had gone.

it feels like yesterday in June where I was in one of the lowest points in my life. Back then, if I were to get insight on what my life would be like now, i'd be in denial.

I hug him a little tighter and he groans quietly, I smile against his skin. Inhaling his scent.

"Val, what do you want for your birthday?" He suddenly asks with a raspy low voice. I raise my eyebrows, not really thinking about that.

Arlo planned a birthday dinner with just my friends and his friends. It was just a small gathering at one of the fine-dining restaurants in Manhattan. That's just about all that I really want.

"The restaurant is good for me. I don't need anything else, you keep spoiling me enough." I assure him, rubbing his chest as I stare down at my promise ring.

"It's not enough if I could do more." He whispers.

March 6th, 2022

Arlo and I were pulling up to my apartment in his Dodge-Charger. I was confused on why I was even here. He said he had a surprise for me but.. we're in front of my apartment complex.

"Arlo..?" I start off skeptically. I take my seatbelt off as I face the complex with confusion. I turn to him and he tilts his head slightly, "Trust me." Is all he says.

I mutter a little hmm, before I get out of the car with him. Spring is coming which means the weather is breezy but a bit warmer now. I was wearing a burgundy sweater over my black skirt with thigh high boots. Matching with Arlo's burgundy beanie and sweater with black pants.