TENNIS 101

I don't personally engage in playing tennis, but I do occasionally watch tennis matches. But I do have a younger brother who is an avid tennis player and closely follows the sport. As a result, I  found myself sitting through a 30-minute lecture to gather this information. While most of you may be familiar with the details of an F1 race, I wanted to ensure that everyone here also has some insight into Ahri Kim's tennis career. If there are any inaccuracies in my explanation, please feel free to correct me, as I'm open to learning and improving my understanding.

key aspects of their season

Number of Tournaments: In a typical year, a professional tennis player participates in approximately 15 or more open tournaments. These tournaments provide players with opportunities to earn ranking points, prize money, and ultimately, recognition in the tennis world.

Matches per Tournament: During each open tournament, a player can play up to 6-7 matches, assuming they progress through each round. These matches occur in a single-elimination format, meaning that a loss in any round eliminates the player from the tournament.

Total Matches in a Season: Hypothetically, if a player manages to win every match in every tournament they participate in, they would play around 90-100 matches in a single tennis season. However, it's important to note that most players do not progress to the final round of every tournament, resulting in a lower number of matches played.

Match Structure: In professional tennis, each match consists of three sets. To win a set, a player must be the first to reach six games, with a margin of at least two games. If the score reaches 6-6 in a set, a tiebreak is typically played, with the first player to reach seven points (with a margin of at least two points) winning the tiebreak and the set. If necessary, a third set is played.

Games in Each Set: Within each set, a player must win a minimum of two out of three games to secure the set. If the score reaches 5-5 in a set, the player must win two consecutive games to win the set, achieving a final score of 7-5.

this is Ahri's calendar , where she performs well, cause you know she's a world champion