Chapter 6- More Encounters

Reshala's men moved into position, hunkering down in the bushes and trees, slowly surrounding the USEC camp.  The plan was laid out, Reshala would approach alone, when the signal was given, they would open fire.  The USEC vehicles were parked in a horseshoe shape to make a more defensible perimeter, and several of them could be seen walking around, studying maps, cleaning guns, or looking out for possible threats.  Reshala drove down a dirt road, waving a white sheet outside the window.  The USEC's grabbed weapons, got into a formation, and slowly got into position to defend against this possible hazard.  Reshala's men all took aim at individual targets.  "Don't shoot!" said Reshala in russian as he got out of the car, waving the piece of white sheet.  "Identify yourself!" yelled the USEC commander.  "Listen, I have information on BEAR in Customs, I assume you want that," he said.  The commander looked at his men.  "Well, keep talking," he said hostilely.  "They are stealing our supplies, we need help," he said.  "We aren't guns for hire mister, this isn't our business," said the commander.  Reshala sighed before saying, "fine, here's this then."  Quick as a flash, he pulled out his gold Tokarev pistol and shot the commander in the chest.  Hearing the gunshot, his men joined in, opening fire on their selected targets.  In less than a minute, all the USECs slumped over, dead.  Reshala walked up to the commander, who was still alive, and shot him in the face.   "Take it all, leave nothing!" Reshala yelled to his men.  In the nearby bushes, a pair of eyes was watching the events unfold through binoculars.  "I must warn him," he said.  

Jason decided to take a day off, just lay down, relax, and not engage.  All of a sudden, the trash bags could be heard moving and he sprung up with his sidearm raised.  "Jason, my friend, something happened," he said.  "Jesus man, you scared me to death," Jason said sitting down and reholstering his sidearm.  "A USEC camp has been attacked," he said.  Jason froze, so there were others out there.  "Casualties?" he said.  "They're all dead," said Nikita back.  Jason sighed.  "Was it Reshala?" he asked.  Nikita shivered.  "Yes," he said.  Jason's sadness turned to panic as he realized that they were most likely looking for him.  "Listen man, get out of here, I'll be in contact, but until then it's not safe," he said.  Nikita nodded before motioning to the doorway.  "I highly suggest you fit a door before I go again," he said.  Jason sighed.  "Ok, you get a door, I'll set it up," he said.    

Nikita left the hideout, heading for his favorite scavenging spot, the Reserve.  It reminded him of his military days.   Although his mission was to find a door, he couldn't help but look around, smiling to himself.  He constantly made sure to check rooms, stopping only to pick up something valuable or to salute a russian flag when he saw one.  After finding a couple packs of ammunition, computer parts, and some food, Nikita found a good door that would fit the doorframe of Jason's hideout.  He loaded it onto a cart, only to have to dive behind it, hearing footsteps.  "Who goes there?  We have you surrounded!"  Yelled a voice.