Chapter 9

Watching the clock move for a second thinking about everything, where it started and where it ended. The clock continues to tick the sound bounce around the corners of my office.

Past memory

Smoke filled the air fingers shaking holding the cigarette between my fingers, shaky breaths leave my nose holding back the tears.

"Mia?! Open this door baby it's your mama." Close my eyes trying to block out the voices from outside of the room; spooky purr trying to comfort me, take another drag from the cigarette humming softly to a melody "Mia! Open this door young lady. You can't just leave him like that. Mia!" Bang! Bang! Bang! On the door tears fell down my cheeks "Lift me up, hold me down." Flashes of him hitting me, scaring me and the mother I thought would protect me... didn't...she didn't do shit...

Cracks on the walls started forming on the wall shaky breaths start to turn shallow breaths "Mia! Mia! MIA!" Scream ripped from my throat like a hot iron on my skin making everything break around me, making the voice outside of the door stop for once I felt in peace I felt free.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Finish him.

End of past memory.

My eyes snapped open sparks of gold and purple flash like a storm in my eyes. Nails dig in the armchair remember what I wanted from him to finish him finally ending the pain that was created by myself, family and him. End it once and for all.

Knock on my office door calming down before answering "Come in." I said loud enough for them to hear me, Matt poke his head inside my office soft smile on his face "Hey Mia, you alright i felt your magic go up." Matt said walk further inside the room close the door behind him, place down my pen sigh rub my forehead "Yeah just had those flashbacks you know." I said Matt is very sensitive to the energy around him how we met was because he walked up to me saying my energy is very strong inside my spirit that had me intrigued about him.

He sat down in one of the chairs "Don't beat yourself up Mia, just know you got a family that is willing to fuck up anyone that hurts you."

Somber chuckled filled my throat "That is the thing Matt, I'm not beating myself no more but forgiving myself." I said surprise with myself before smiling towards him. Matt chuckled "Glad to see you heal queen."
He really means it reach for my hand over the desk grab his hand "So am I Matt. So am I."
~~~~~~~
"Charlie are you watching the movie?" I asked him giggle feel him kissing my neck holding me close to him. He hum loving the smell of my scent could make him fall deeper in trace just by her smell or voice or everything she does "I am watching the movie I like right in front of my eyes." He said open his eyes staring at her, the tv light makes her body shine in every place he rubs her thigh "Gosh your so damn beautiful." Really meant what he said. Laugh grin showing my white teeth "Thank you handsome." Pull his face more closer to me and peck his lips gently.

Caressing his cheek comfortable with him that what scares me more then ever, breath in and out hearing those bangs in my head almost bringing me back to those flashbacks "Mia?"

Snap back towards the present see Charlie concerned eyes on me, rub my thigh soothing me not asking me questions just being a person to lean on and listen to whenever I am ready to talk about "It will be hard for me Charlie but I'm healing right now." I say low voice, Charlie hum place my head on his chest and rub my back "Darling whenever you ready I will be here and waiting like I said before." He said it doesn't matter how many scars she has on her body and soul, I will not lose this beautiful queen in my arms.

Close my eyes breath into his scent relaxing in his embrace "Thank you Charlie for understanding and not pushing me." feel him kiss my head "Your happiness is a wonderful light to see my darling."
~~~~~~~
In the dream

A house stood in the middle of the forest lights on inside the house breath hitch seeing the door open standing there my mama and father staring at me. Look down at myself see me wearing a white nightgown. Look back up to meet my mama eyes, she wave me in but I shake my head trying to turn back suddenly it wouldn't allow me to move only forward into their hands but to me it feels like claws digging into my arms.

"Oh Mia we have been waiting for you to come home. Isn't that right Kenny?"

My father smiled in response to my mama question "That's right dear, we missed you babygirl." My father pats my head like I'm a little girl again in his eyes tears started to form in my eyes remember him used to protect me from the outside world but that changed when he came into my life and that is when my father became my first heartbreak in this world.

Greed is a destruction for mankind.

My mama pull me to sit down in front of my brother Erik at the dining room table, smile towards me like he didn't died to save me. Erik oh my little brother Erik "Good to see you again Sis." He said God hearing his voice again brings back memories of him don't leave me please scream in my head hoping he hears me.

"Who wants pasta?" My mama asked place a plate of pasta in front of me, my hand move without my permission grab the fork and started to eat talking to them like I am happy.

But I am not happy, I want to just spill out all the things that happened but won't.

Hear a choking sound lift my head up seeing a shadow near my father, evil smile place on my father face "You should just give up Mia after all you can't just leave the past alone." Shake my head tears fall from my eyes heartbreaking over again just by hearing his words.

Heartbeat pounding loud thinking they can hear it hear them say give up again and again and again until I shout "Shut up!" Lights flicker around the dining room fire started around the room on the table near my father standing up and run towards my brother grab his hand rushing out of the house seeing my father still laugh while my mama sit there sad and broken wonder if she divorce him maybe she would still be my mama the one I love dearly with all my heart.

Running far away from the house breath heavy see the house burned down "Mia.." Erik said quiet turn to him seeing him fade away like a memory lost in my mind, shake my head crying "No don't leave me too i love you don't leave." Holding on to him tight tears form on his shirt he chuckled tears run down his face as well.

"Silly sis there is nothing from keeping me away from you. Watching you up in the stars, wind and trees i am watching you  never forget that."

Whisper to me kiss my forehead before fading away in my arms fall down on my knees scream in pain in my heart "Please don't leave me ahhhhh!" Grip my hair more tears fall down my eyes screaming for my mama, my father, my little brother Erik...and...for myself..

House burning down behind her along with a family, memories, innocence. The little girl that used to run through the forest is replaced to a hurting woman that is healing from the pain inside her.

End of dream.

Wake up with a gasp still my head on Charlie chest slowly get up from his embrace and walk outside stare up at the moon with a tired smile "I love you mama, dad and Erik forever more." Whisper to the moon and feel the wind pick around before the wind settles down again letting me know that they heard me and love me as well.

To be continued thank you for waiting so patient waiting for more chapters and giving this book and other books so much love thank you so much.