𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀

"Amara!" Three knocks accompany my name and then I hear the door open. "You ready?"

Giddy with a smile on my face, I set down my hair brush before opening my bathroom door.

Gio stands by my door leaning against the frame and holding the door handle straight out. He smiles when he sees me. I smile back and then I make my way over to him.

"Ready," I say, a lightness in my voice.

He spins around and waits for me outside the bedroom and when I reach him he holds his hand out for me. I slip my hand into his, intertwining our fingers and he looks down at me.

His eyes meet mine and a warm feeling engulfs my body. I shiver and he chuckles, his smile blinding.

We make our way through the hallway and down the stairs to get to the dining room. The family eats there for all their meals and while I have been coming for breakfast everyday for the past week, I haven't been down for dinner. Somehow that just seems more intimate.

We enter through the arch way and I see Gabriel and Vanessa already sitting at the table, Gabriel whispering something in her ear that has a big smile lighting up her face.

Gio pulls me along and leads me down the table. We take our seats across from Vanessa and Gabriel and Gio lets his hand fall between us, his pinky out to wrap around mine and I gladly take his touch.

"Ahhh, good morning my to all little gremlins!" Kaylee stauters in, Halina in her arms looking more grouchy then I've ever seen her.

That seems to take Gabriel's attention away from his wife. His head spins and he shoots a playful glare at his sister. "You do realize I'm older then you, yes?"

Kaylee ignores him as she sets Halina down on her designated chair and pats her head. "And how is my sweet little grump this morning, hmm?" She kisses each of Halina's cheeks before she takes her own seat.

"Where's Dakota?" Vanessa asks. Kaylee smirks, a glint in her eyes.

"Lets just say she needs some extra rest this morning."

"Oh my god," Gabriel groans. "I do not want to hear about your sex life Kaylee."

My eyes pop open, stunned by the conversation taking place, but at the same time, not surprised at all.

These people are all a little crazy.

"Vanessa asked," Kaylee retorts and then she's turning her attention onto me. "And how are my little kittens?" And if I thought she had a glint in her eyes just a second ago, they are full on shimmering now.

The chef comes out of the kitchen, delievering each of us a plate and letting us dig into the meal. Halina grabs for her chocolate chip panckaes which distacts Kaylee for a moment, but then her attention is back on Gio and I.

She raises her eyebrows when neither of us respond and then lets out a sigh when the room stays silent for another minute.

"You guys are driving me crazy!" She exclaims. She looks under the table, not sure what for, but I hear an "Ah-ha!" and then her head pops back up. "You guys are holding fingers!"

Gabriel lets out a snort, but Vanessa hits his arm which has him turning away and trying to neutralize his expression.

Gio looks at Kaylee, not making a move to release my finger. "How are we driving you crazy, Kaylee?"

"You- I- just- Arg! I can't even say anything because- No, just no." She falls back into her chair with a huff before sticking a piece of bacon between her lips.

My eyebrows are raised from her outburst, but I don't think too much of it. She'll say whatever is on her mind in time.

The room fills with everyones sound of eating, the untensils hitting the plates and mummurs of conversation. I keep to myself, choosing to just focus on eating and not forcing myself to take a step I'm not sure I'm ready for.

Intergrating into this family.

I mean I guess I sort of already am? But at the same time, randomly jumping into conversation or staring ones are just things I'm not super confident about doing just yet.

"Gio," Gabriel says, gaining my attention. "What are your plans for today? I may need you to run some background on some guys if you have time."

Gio nods, swallowing his bite before ansewering, "Not much today. Was just planning to hang around the house." His finger tightens around mine and if I didn't know it was impossible, I would swear a swarm of butterflies were taking flight in my stomach. "So, shouldn't be a problem for me to get done."

Gabriel nods, happy with his answer and then Vanessa clears her throat. "I-," she cuts herself off and looks to her husband. Gabriel whispers something to her and from the way she nods and her shoulders straighten, whatever he said seems to have given her a little boost of confidence. "Amara, I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to take a walk around the house? Um, through the, uh, gardens?"

My eyes widen and my shoulders stiffen. Why would she want to walk with me? Why does she want to talk to me? We have hardly spoken and I think I kinda hijacked her honeymoon with my begging for them to take me with them.

Gabriel rubs his hand over her back as they wait for my response, but thats the problem, I have no idea what to say. I'm not sure what she could possibly want to talk to me about, I hardly know her! The only time we have spent together is at these breakfasts!

Kaylee takes a sip of water before she jumps in, "I can go with you guys," she offers, her eyes holding mine.

Gios hand fully engulfs mine and gives it a tight squeeze before he leans over and whispers into my ear, "Go," he says. "Go hangout with them for a bit, and maybe later tonight we can go sit out in the garden? By the flowers you like?"

I turn my head towards him feeling like my eyes are taking up half my face as I look at him. His eyes search mine, looking for my answer or maybe my hesitation, but whatever they find doesn't change the look on his face, the one of pure encouragement.

"Okay," I whisper before turning back to face the rest of the table. "I'd love to go for a walk with you guys."

***

🌟 PLEASE VOTE 🌟

piiixi3