Chapter 7

The pistachio ice cream was delicious as always. It already became a habit of them two since Thanos recovered after the surgery - everytime they were in the historical centre of Kerkyra, they had to take a scoop.
"Sweet and salty at the same time, the perfect combination," Dian smiled at Thanos' close-to-love confession for his ice cream.

He recalled the fabulous today's day in the north. Another one from the chain of days that were making him feel so...well...how? 

"I am really falling for this small piece of land, aren't I?"

Dian rested with his eyes at the Greek boy and imagined erasing him from the journeys and time spent on this island...

"Hmm..? Did you say something?"

Dian shook his head as a reply to Thanos.

And once again for himself to chase away the grey pictures that remained of this place without the sun shining on it. 
Without him.

That day earlier, they left the capital after late morning cappuccino and arrived to the northern town of Sidari in about an hour. The town itself looked boring. Hotels, restaurants and souvenir shops everywhere without a proper promenade or town's centre.

But the real treasure laid in the west. The golden sandstone cliffs rising above a narrow bay were just the beginning of the spectacle.
They decided to avoid the midday's strong sun and return to this popular beach later. First, let's take a boat trip around the majestic west coast, around the Cape Drastis and down to the south. The color of the cliffs changed to white and Dian was sure that watching the sun getting down here would be a magical color show... Maybe one day they could come bac-- "What we? What one day? What I am thinking about?!" Dian could not but to scold himself for his own thoughts that were running out of control again.

And the rest of the day will definitely be one of his best on this island. Swimming in the lovely bay embraced by the yellowish steep cliffs, through a mystical cave, out to the open sea, will be engraved to Dian's memory forever. Sometimes, what you remember is better that any photo...

Against all Dian's fears, Thanos persuaded him even to jump down from one of the cliffs. If somebody told him a year ago, no, a month ago, that he would do it and even enjoy the fall into the glittering waters, he would swear that that can never happen. Yet, here he goes - jumping for the second time!

When they finally got out of the waters of the calm Ionian sea, tired and hungry, they decided to just grab some pitas and head back to Kerkyra for some proper dinner in the taverna Thanos mentioned before.

* * *

The morning after, Dian emerged from the blurry dream with difficulties and yes, with strong reluctance. Despite the pleasant feeling that was lingering in his subconsciousness, as soon as he was partially awake, he realized he would rather prefer to forget about it all as...
...he would swear he could still sense the touch of Thanos' thumb on his lip...his breath on his face when he leaned closer to him... "Stop it!" 

He angrily turned himself to lay on stomach and covered his head with the blanket. Of course this was no use to chase away that shimmering feeling that was vibrating all the unknown thread across his whole body...

And, well, the sudden move, made his head remember why he is waking up so late and in such a poor condition.

Dian closed his eyes again to calm his stomach and headache. What was the drink that he was drinking yesterday evening? It tasted so good and innocent he cannot believe he is so wracked today... That he was actually such a wreck yesterday that Thanos had to bring him home otherwise he would sit down in the middle of the street and fall asleep...