BUGGY THE CLOWN

"I think that you should join my crew." Luffy nodded as he propped his hands in that business man kind of way.

"Join your crew? I'm not a Pirate." You shake your head, moving away from Luffy to tie the sails.

"Why not try it out? I like your fighting style, and I think I'm going to need someone like you if I'm going to go to the Grand Line." Luffy leaned on the wooden pole, once again entering your view.

You stopped, and looked at the water. The Grand Line... 
"Listen, kid, the Grand Line isn't like a fairy-tale story. It's a cruel and rather unforgiving place. People that go in there, don't come out."

"Have you been there before?" He suddenly perked up, liking the amount of knowledge you had about it.

"...I knew someone that did." You finished ting the knot. "And they died. And you can guess where."

Luffy followed you around the boat once more.
"Well, you know Shanks, and you can fight - and you know something about the Grand Line! You'd be the perfect fit for my crew."

He had that big puppy smile on his face. He was excited about this, and when he said he was going to become King of the Pirates, he had that look in his eyes. He knew what he wanted and who he was. He had that look of power in his eyes.
But he was still a kid sailing into the Grand Line.

"Pirate, huh...?" You looked around. You had no job, no identity, no money. You had nothing to lose. "Sure, why not."

"Really?!" Luffy jumped into the air, and grabbed your shoulders. "Haha! Yes! Awesome! That's great!" He grabbed your hand and started to shake it. "I officially welcome you to the crew!"

Nami wanted some quiet in order to open the safe, and so you were sitting at the front of the ship, trying to catch up on some sleep as she did what she needed to.
Luffy, however, did not give any peace or quiet. As Nami had her head turned to the safe, so she could hear the clicking, Luffy knocked his head against her's, trying to hear it through her.

Nami, of course, didn't like that, so she pushed him off by shoving his har away, but the wind was strong enough to blow the hat fast. You watched it glide past you and Luffy running after it.
Just before it took off over the water, you grabbed it and handed it back to Luffy.

"Hey!" Luffy turned back to Nami. "Not cool."

"Why do you even care so much for that thing? It looks like you picked it out of the trash." Nami rolled her eyes.

"One man's trash is another man's treasure." Luffy smiled to himself as he put the hat back on his head.

Zoro, from inside the boat, groaned. "Can you two knock it off? I'm trying to take a nap."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were we interrupting your beauty sleep?" Nami sarcastically called back.
You dragged your hand over your face as you stood up, not able to take the constant bickering anymore.

"Don't like what you see?" Zoro snapped back. "Look away."
At that commented, you just had to look over at him. He had propped one leg up and both arms were acting as a pillow for him as he rested. You couldn't see his swords, so they must have been lying next to him.

Your eyes didn't leave him until you heard the click of the safe. Nami had cracked it. As she opened the safe, the first thing you saw was three compartments. One with a bounty poster for someone named Kuro, another was holding a ring of some kind and the other held a map.

The ring just looked like a representation of Shells Town, so you paid no mind to it. The bounty poster for this Kuro, however was a pretty good score. 16 Million Berry for his capture. Dead or Alive. Although, Axe-Hand Morgan had claimed to have killed him already.