FOR IT'S WORTH

Usopp ran to get Luffy, as the whole crew went into a conversation. Nami, you and Usopp were all against Zoro fighting a literal warlord of the sea.
As talented as the green haired man was, he couldn't beat Mihawk, no yet anyway. You've seen the hawk-eyed man in action, and things were messy. He was talented far beyond anything you've ever seen, and you knew from then there was a reason people called him the greatest swordsman.

"You're big bad, Marine grandpa sent a Warlord of the Sea after us, and now instead of getting out of here, Zoro challenged him to a duel." Nami summed it up pretty well.

"Which he accepted." Zoro stopped cleaning his swords and placed them down on the table, resting his arms on the edge of the table at such an angle that his veins popped out a small bit.

"You are a fly to him." Nami leaned in as he said firmly. "Something to be swatted and forgotten."

"Not if I win." Zoro's ego was too big for his own good, and now it was coming back to bite him.

"Zoro..." Your voice was low as you lifted your head up. "He is a Warlord of the Sea. You were tied up in Shells Town a month ago, run the logistics."

"Tell your first mate he is going to get himself killed." Nami turned to Luffy, so that the captain could get Zoro under control.

"Tell your navigator to butt out." Zoro was quick to shout back.

Luffy looked between both Nami, you and then Zoro. "Maybe this isn't such a great idea, Zoro."

You were thankful that Luffy was on your side. You turned back to Zoro, hoping he could get the message. Zoro just sighed as he turned to his captain.
"What was it that I said to you when I was tied up on that cross."

Your shoulders dropped as you came to see that Zoro was using your logistic against you.

"Uhh...'What makes you think I wanna play pirates with you?'?" luffy answered.
"No, the other thing."
"'I kill your kind for a living.'"

"No, Come..." Zoro groaned, hanging his head.

"Oh...That you made a promise to someone a long time ago to be the world's greatest swordsman!" Luffy smiled and nodded his head, happy that he came up with something that was true and was what Zoro wanted to hear.

"The only way to do that is to beat Mihawk in a duel and take his title." Zoro explained. "I intended to do just that."

"Even if you die in the process?" You sharply said to him.

"Why do you care so much?" Zoro narrowed his eyes at you.

"You just said you made a promise to someone. How are you to achieve that goal if you jump in too early?" You tried to look at him, but he wouldn't look anyone in the eyes, so you turned to Luffy. "Luffy, come on?"

"It's his dream, Y/n." Luffy shrugged. "I won't get in the way of someone else's dream."
Luffy truly believed in letting other people shine, in letting other accomplish their dreams. But this wasn't allowing Zoro to get to his dream, this was feeding delusion into someone's brain.

"What will it take?" You turned away from Luffy, as you weren't getting any help from him. "You want me to say you're the best? Fine. You're fucking amazing at what you do, there is no one better."

Zoro paused as he reached for his swords, for a brief second, he let out a small sigh, but continued to pack his swords up into his waist belt.

"You're the best I've ever seen." Nami jumped in too, seeing where you were going with it. "But, you are not better than him! And if you fight tomorrow, you are going to lose."