Chapter 3

The boy. He reminded me so much of my brother. The blonde hair and blue eyes. Even the way he was built reminded me of him. Tall and thin. I couldn't eat this boy. I already killed my brother this would be just like killing him again.

I set the boy down carefully and turned away. I tried to apologize but all that came out was a moan. I walked back to the path and continued my endless journey. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around.

The boy was standing 5 feet behind me. There was still fear in his eyes and he jumped at every sound. "Thank you" he whispered. I moaned and faced him. He seemed to relax a little and even stepped closer to me.

"I thought you were gonna eat me." He said with a little more boldness. I tried to smile at him but I wasn't sure it worked. "I-I'm lost and I don't know where my dad is. C-can I walk with you?" The boy said stiffening and ready to sprint. I attempted another smile and held out my hand.

He walked towards me and accepted my outstretched hand. We walked down the path together occasionally passing other zombies. When they saw the boy by my side they started to walk towards us, but I always snarled at them and they walked away. When this happened the boys grip on my hand tightened in fear. I protected the boy and made sure he was comfortable with the other zombies around.

Night came soon and the boy began to fall asleep on his feet. I found a place for him to sleep and layed him down. He fell asleep immediately. I stood guard, being a zombie I never got tired or had to rest. Nothing came after me and the boy, and wandering zoms just walked past.

I thought that we would be fine through the night. When the morning came I planned on letting the boy sleep until he woke up by himself. But he was woken by a high pitched scream full of terror, letting everyone know that it's death was near.

A/N

I know it's kinda a sucky chapter but I wrote it real fast on the bus. I plan on updating soon and I promise the next chapter will be better. Thanks for reading and please vote and comment :)