Chapter 4

I hurried over to the scared boy and tried to comfort him. I knew the scream was a person being eaten alive, I have been the cause of that scream many times. The boy was shaking and tears were running down his face cutting a stream through the dirt on his face. The scream was still cracking through the trees making birds fly from their purches. I saw other zombies walking through the trees heading in the direction of the scream.

When he saw me the boy ran to my side and buried his small face in my jacket sobs racking his body. I wondered if the screams belonged to someone in his family. It was a slim chance, but still possible. I put my arm around him trying my best to comfort him. Soon he was asleep and the screams had faded into a terrifying memory. I stared down at the boy. It was hard for me to believe that he was actually trusting me. Me. Nothing but rotting flesh that should be burried in the ground not walking and eating people who did nothing wrong but try to escape me.

I didn't know what to do. I wasn't heading anywhere and sooner or later the boy would have to eat. How would I be able to get him food or the things he needed. I had to find a place for him to stay where he would be taken care of and raised like he should be. The only places that I could take him would kill me as soon as they saw me leaving the boy alone again. I really cared about him. As soon as I thought this I felt something inside me I haven't felt in a long time. A heart beat.

A/N

Flying back to America tonight!!! I hurried and typed this chapter right before we headed out to the airport so sorry if it's a little short. Sorry forgot to mention I flew out to Kuwait for spring break so that's why I'm flying back to America :)

Anyway thanks for all the reads it makes me so happy to get on wattpad and see how many reads I've got. Please vote and comment I really like to hear your feedback on my stories. Thanks so much you guys are just way to awesome :D