Chapter 6

David stared up at me with surprise written over his features. "You can talk?" he asked seemingly more confused. I grinned and said his name over and over again, gaining more confidence every time I said it without stuttering. Soon he was smilling from ear to ear shouting "He can talk! He said my name!" we were both jumping up and down until we were exhausted. Finally we sat in a soft spot of thick grass, grinning and laughing.

I tried saying more words like hello, goodbye, yes, and no. I took a shot at saying my name but it came out strangled. I just sighed and focused on the words I could say. We made a game out of it. David would tell me a word and I would have to say it. Some of the words I had no trouble with but others got twisted and came out sounding like the moan I had to deal with for 5 years.

After an hour of playing we started on the path again. I was full of excitement, I was actually turning human again! Maybe others were too. Maybe the zombie invasion was finally ending and everyone could actually go back to how things used to be. No. That would never happen. Things would never be the same for me. My family was gone and I was alone. The only person that would come within 20 feet of me was David and he still seemed on edge. No nothing would ever be the same and I was a fool for thinking that they would be.

I shook my head and focused on the handful of zombies making their way for us. I bared my teeth at them and let out a growl that had built itself in my chest. They growled back at me and continued advancing. I grabbed David's shaking hand and led him off the path and hid him in a group of trees. When I turned around the decaying zoms were only a couple feet away. I covered the distance with two strides. The leader of the pack stepped away from the others and got in my face.

He growled at me baring his rotten yellow teeth, his moldy hot breath made me gag, but I didn't show it. He towered over me by a few inches and clumps of greasy blonde hair hung in patches across his pale head. He had obviously been a zombie for a long time. That ment I was stronger than him but a few of his "followers" looked like they were turned recently. Some with fresh blood staining the front of their shirts, bite marks still covering their grey skin. I couldn't take them all but I would try.

When I finished looking them over I made up my mind to start the fight. I slowly pulled my hand back so the leader wouldn't notice and strike at me first. I had been in a few fights with zoms before but it was always one on one I wasn't sure if I could take them all. Finally I struck out with all my strength and ripped through the guys chest. Black ooze dripped down his chest and stained his ripped shirt. When he registered what I had done it was full out war.

A/N

Hey guys sorry for the slow update I was trying to get through an aganizing case of writers block :( I really had no idea what to write about so sorry if this chapters a little sucky. Thanks so much for the reads :) I absolutely love wattpad I love actually getting my ideas out there.

Okay so last thing I need to stay is this chapter is dedicated to my awesome, supportive, and highly annoying cousin Maci. She is full of support and is always there for me.

Please comment and vote thanks :)