Chapter 2: Shopping trip

Twenty minutes later, Jake pulled into the parking lot of the puppy supply store, and opened the door for Everest, leashing her again, before letting her jump to the ground. "Jake, what are we doing here?" Everest asked, obvious concern in her voice. "Well, Everest, since you decided to disobey me by going to Red Diamond Trail," Jake said clearly. "I've decided to teach you how to  value your life from the beginning, do I make myself clear?" Everest looked at Jake. "Yes, Jake." Everest said, bowing her her head. "Good, come on." Jake said, walking Everest inside the store.

After they got inside, Jake looked for all the supplies they'd need in Everest's size. 5 minutes later, they found the age 6-10 section. "Alright, Everest, do you want the stuff in your PAW Patrol color, or would you like something else." Jake asked Everest. "I guess, I'll take the stuff in my PAW Patrol color." Everest answered, blushing. With that, Jake started gathering what he wanted to buy for Everest. He piled three packages of diapers, a few package of baby wipes, a few bottles of baby powder, some bottles, a few cans of puppy formula, a few set of pajamas, a few onesies, a pacimuzzle, a car seat, and a crib, all of which was in the bright teal of Everest's vest.

After a mere twenty minutes of shopping, Jake found everything he was looking for, and walked Everest to the checkout. "alright, that'll be $120." The cashier said. Jake handed the cashier the money. "Would you like some help with the furniture?" the cashier asked. "Yes, please." Jake answered. Another employee pulled the crib and car seat out of the cart, and onto a flatbed, and pushed the flatbed out to Jake's pickup, while Jake walked Everest back to the truck.

After they got back to the truck, the employee put the crib in the cargo bed, while Jake setup the car seat for Everest. Two minutes later, Jake was done setting up the car seat in driver's side of the back seat, and put Everest in it. "Jake, why did you even buy this?" Everest asked Jake. "Because, Everest, little puppies like you need them." Jake answered, putting the pacimuzzle on Everest. Then he put everything else on the passenger's side of the back seat, closed both doors, got in the driver's seat, buckled himself in, and drove home.