Living Extinct Animals

A while later, Marinette explained everything to Alya while Adrien explained to Nino about what they'd discovered.

"Blu Tembo and Panthera are underground? No way!" Nino gasps.

"Yeah. Milady and I have to find them. Can you make an excuse that I am wandering around in Italy just to explore myself ever since I went through a lot because of my father's strictness? I hope Marinette understands that I wanna figure out who I am by myself. She can't know I'm Cat Noir" Adrien said.

"You got it, Dude. You can count on me" Nino said.

"Good" Adrien fistbumps with him.

With Marinette, she was going through her overthinking panic mode again whenever she talked about Adrien before. But now this is different she and her kitty have to find the missing heroes but her teacher and classmates have to know what Marinette is doing.

"I'll just tell them that you decided to join Adrien in exploring Italy and that his mother allowed it," Alya said.

"But Adrien can't know I'm Ladybug. He's been through enough from his father" Marinette said.

"I know. But he's no more and Adrien's a free man" Alya said.

Nino and Adrien came into the room, startling Marinette as she stumbles down from her clumsiness.

"Oh, hey guys!" Marinette waved.

"Hey, girls. What were you two talking about?" Adrien asked.

"Nothing! Nothing! Uhhh....Alya and I are gonna explore! Yeah! Just us girls!" Marinette quickly said with a stammer whenever she tried to make a white lie.

"Yeah, exploring" Alya nodded.

"Oh, Nino and I were gonna do the same too. Just us big boys. Right, Nino?" Adrien said, telling him to go with a white lie.

"Of course. A best buddy needs to tag along to explore Italy" Nino said.

"That's awesome! Awesome that you can explore and find what you want to be, Adrien" Marinette stammered.

"Girl, breathe" Alya calms her down.

"Sorry. Just got excited" Marinette said.

"It's alright, Marinette" Adrien replied.

"Will you be okay, love?" Marinette asked.

"I will, and I will think about you" Adrien held her close and kissed her.

"And I will think about you my prince," Marinette said.

-

The next day, it was time to go and find the missing heroes. Their friends covered for them while the superheroes went to Mt. Vesuvius to find anything that had a volcanic tube that could lead to something.

"So we're going into the crater, Bugaboo?" Cat Noir asked.

"Yeah. But be careful. This tube could have deadly gas like sulfur" Ladybug said.

They slide down the slope of the crater without any park rangers noticing them. They stopped on the side of the mountain, finding a dry lava tunnel.

"No hot springs to relax in but we do need a vacation once we find them," Cat Noir said.

"I'd look good in a swim suit" Ladybug joked as they got inside.

Cat Noir used flashlight mode on his staff. Despite he can see in the dark, his bugaboo can't.

"I got a bad feeling about this, Kitty," Ladybug said.

"Earthlings, we come in peace," Cat Noir said in the tunnel, trying to cheer his lady to not be scared.