Stupid Evil Nurse

Present-day, Aadhira just explained the whole story.

Aru Shah didn't know if she could believe what she heard.

One: She had enough sisters and she didn't need another one.

Two: This sounded just like a book she read, called Evil Nurse, and the same book was on her nightstand

Three: She and her mother made a deal to not ever hide anything. The whole exposing of each other of any secrets was embarrassing.

So, Aru wanted to ask some follow-up questions. Before, though, she wanted to see her sister's reactions to the story. It was hilarious.

Brynne looked like someone told her that her cooking was bad. She was just staring off into space and looking at Aru.

Mini looked like someone spilled cold water on her. Her eyes were wide as the sun and she kept sucking her knuckles.

Then she looked at Aiden. He just looked like he could stuck on a very hard math problem.

Rudy just looked like he always looked. Confused and bored.

Now she could ask the follow-up questions. "So, Aadhira, what school do you go to?" Everyone was shocked by the question, so Aahira. But she answered "Augustus Day,"

"Really? When did you start?" Aru asked.

" About like three months ago."

" Who do you have for homeroom?"

Aadhira was a little surprised but answered " Mrs. Poute."

" Did you go to the Valentine's Day dance?"

" Yes! It was really fun."

"Aru, we are here to find out more about the Memory thief, not to socialize." Brynne transmits.

" Trust me. We're getting more out of her right now." Aru says.

" Do you still work at the ice cream shop?"

"No, I was there for fun. My mom tells me that I can do anything, but it gets annoying, you know what I mean? So I got fired to prove that not everything I do is perfect."

Aru simply nodded.

" Did you read that book?" Aru points to Evil Nurse.

" Yeah, it's a good book."

" Really? Could you tell me what it's about? Mrs. Poute read the first chapter in class, but I forgot."

"It is about a mother's kid dying right when it's born and the nurse didn't want to tell her. So she switched the kid with some twins in the room next to them. When the doctor checked on twins, one was dead, so they told the mother of the twins that the baby died before it was born." Aadhira gladly explained.

" Thanks for proving my theory about you making up the story. Can you tell us what happened with the Memory thief?" Aru makes her voice sound nice but scary.

" What makes you think I'm lying?" Aadhira crossed her arms.

" You said it yourself. You moved here 3 months ago, right? At the start of January, 3 months ago, Mrs. Poute read us the first chapter of Evil Nurse. Then you said you went to the Valentine's Day dance, My friend was the D.J. there and told everyone that my birthday was on February 15th and I was born in Felix Hospital. That's how you know my birthday and where I was born. Then when I asked you about the book Evil Nurse, you told me the same story that you told me before. So, now can you please tell me what happened between you and the Memory thief." Aru didn't even try to say this nicely.

" Okay, I'll tell you."

Aadhira then murmured " Stuipd Evil Nurse."