Chapter 3

The evening sun shined with a warm red color, pleasing anyone who hoped for sunshine tomorrow. The students leaving Hillfield middle school chattered among each other, cheerful that several testing periods were completed.

    Takeru walked out among the crowd, hoping Neil wouldn't beat him down. The goggle-wearing boy was still shaken up about the encounter earlier.

    "HEY! TAKERU!" Ren called out catching up with his friend. "Takeru! You're not gonna believe this!"

    "Woah woah. Easy Ren." Takeru said, trying to calm his excited friend down. "What's got you psyched up?"

    Ren was not so easily calmed. "Takeru... You've gotta hear this. You're not gonna believe what I saw."

    "Okay. What did you see?"

    Ren looked to his left and then to his right. "I think it would be better if I told you about it at your house."

    "Okay..."

----------------------------------------------------Chapter 3: Ri-en----------------------------------------------------

    Takeru and Ren arrived at the front yard of the Akagami's residence.

    "Alright Ren." Takeru said. "What do you want to talk to me about?"

    "I saw a Renamon."

    Takeru's eyes turned to dots, cringing at the anticlimactic news. "...that's gotta be the 500th one you've seen."

    "And the first one I've seen in living, breathing flesh. I saw a real, living, breathing Renamon!"

    That changed the mood from anticlimactic to concerning. "...Ren, you should probably take a break from Digi-RUSH. You're starting to scare me."

    "I'm serious! I saw a Renamon right around here just last night!"

    Takeru face-palmed with closed eyes. "Ren, I get you're a big Renamon fan, but y-" Takeru paused. "Wait a second. Around here?"

    "Yeah. I saw her right around here." Ren paused for a second. "In fact, I think that's her right now." He pointed at an oak tree behind him using his thumb.

    "Huh?" Takeru looked behind Ren, at the oak tree growing next door. What he saw looked like yellow fur sticking out. "What the-"

    Ren turned around. "You can come out now. I won't hurt you."

    The camera shifts to the Renamon hiding behind the tree. She shivered. "I don't want to deal with another Renamon fan. I don't want to deal with another Renamon fan..." She thought to herself. 

    "Are you okay over there?" Takeru asked.

    "I'm alright, don't worry." Renamon answered. Just then, her eyes widened in realization. "No wait! Oh Shoot..." Like Takeru before her, she did a face-palm. 

    "We know you're there, Renamon. Just come out now." Ren said.

    "Doggone it..." She said, defeated. She stepped out from behind the tree.

    "Told you, Takeru." Ren said, before turning back to the Renamon. "What were you doing back there? Scared of us?"

    "In a way, yes."

    "C'mon, I don't bite."

    "I really hope you don't." The data-type fox thought to herself. She began to walk closer to the two best friends. As she walked forward, the streetlight shed some light on her left leg.