Chapter 8

"Why you..." Ri-en's fists clenched tightly as the flames of her power paw attack ignited, blazing with a frenzy of anger. "I WON'T FORGIVE YOU!!!"

    "Ri-en! Calm down!" Ren said. "Don't digivolve into Kyubimon like last time!"

    "I don't need to! Aohmon's just a champion level. I won't need to digivolve to annihilate him!"

    "Hmph." Said a masculine voice coming from somewhere nearby. "You don't know what you're up against."

    "Huh? Who's there?"

A guy, looking like a high-school senior, walked out from behind a shipping crate. 

    He was clearly not smiling, and his arms were crossed

    "Glhargle? Who is that?" Aohmon asked.

    "Heeeey..." Ren said, looking closely at the unexpected guest, feeling a sense of familiarity in his appearance. "WOAH! A-A-ARE YOU JASON VOLTSON?!"

    "Yeah, that's me."

----------------------------------------------------Chapter 8: UNDERSTOOD----------------------------------------------------

    "Who's Jason Voltson?" Hyeon asked.

    "Ever seen World Ninja Warrior?" Ren responded. "It's this athletic competition, and he's-"

    "Eyes on the battle, low-life!" Chinami shouted out. "Go now, Aohmon!"

    "GRLGLAAARGLE!!!!" The watery monster bellowed.

    "We can talk later!" Jason said. "Right now, we've got a fight on our hands."

    Aohmon opened its beak-like mouth, ready to attack. "Water bo- RRGLE!" He grunted as something hit him in the side of the head pretty hard like a thick piece of metal. Aohmon, caught off guard by the projectile, which seemed to be shaped like a gear, lost his balance and fell to the ground.

    "Aohmon!" Chinami called out, rushing to her partner's side.

    "What the-" Takeru was caught off guard.

    "What was that?" Ren asked in surprise.

    "That looked like an iron gear attack..." Hyeon said to herself. "Does that mean-"

    "Attack SUCCESSFUL." Said a mechanical voice nearby. Out from behind a crate near Aohmon was a metallic being.