Chapter 9

The scene is a large desert, with a large ominous castle. There were several lightning bolt designs all around it. On top was a flag with two lightning bolts on it, each one looking like it was mirroring the other.

    We see Chinami there, carrying Betamon with her. Betamon was still a bit banged-up from that fight with Shiftmon.

    "We're here." Chinami said. "This is it."

    "Nami..." Betamon said weakly. "You didn't have to run. We could have destroyed Akamon."

    "No. I had to run. I couldn't let them destroy you."

    Suddenly, the gates opened. There stood a tall, pitch-black, winged digimon, named Devimon. "Chinami, I've been waiting for you.

    "No time for pleasantries, Devimon. Betamon needs help."

    "Understood. Please come this way." He motioned for her to come inside. 

    Chinami entered without a second thought, hurriedly. The door closed behind them as Devimon followed. 

----------------------------------------------------Chapter 9: Search----------------------------------------------------

    The cool air of the streetlight-illuminated night was peaceful. Everything felt calm and tranquil.

    ...except for Akamon.

    "OW OOOWW!!!" The poor lizard cried out. Takeru was helping his partner get patched up, and apparently the wounds the red digimon sustained stung every time they were touched. "Takeru, please be more gent- OOOWWWW!!"

    "I am being gentle!" Takeru responded. "These cuts must be really deep to hurt that much."

    "Yeesh. First being cleaned hurts, now getting wrapped in bandages hurts? What is with you humans and making healing so painful? OW!!"

    Downstairs, Ren and Hyeon were waiting with Joltmon and Ri-en for Takeru and Akamon to finish up. Hyeon was worried about Akamon, so she stayed with them to make sure they got home safely.

    "Poor Akamon." Hyeon said. "Sounds like getting patched up hurts just as much as when he got slammed into that shipping crate."

    "Don't worry." said Ren. "Takeru's not a pro at first-aid, but he's not a stranger to it either. I'm sure he can handle it."

    "You sound pretty confident in your moron friend." Joltmon said.

    "Joltmon, please don't be so rude." Hyeon said.

    "..." Ri-en remained quiet, thinking about Jason from before.

    Ren looked up at the lost-in-thought Renamon. "...Ri-en. About before... Did you say you used to have a human partner?"

    "Y-Yes... I did..."

    "W-Were you saying that-" 

    "...*sniffle* yes... He's n-no longer.... with us..."

    Ren gasped. "Ri-en... I'm sorry... I should never have brought it up..."

    "It's... *sniffle* it's alright..."

    "We probably shouldn't talk about it again." Hyeon said. "Ri-en looks uncomfortable."

    Suddenly, Akamon is seen walking down the stairs. "I'm all better!" He shouted gleefully.

    Or so he thought. The little guy's two-toed foot slipped, and he began tumbling down the stairs. "Woah! Oof! Ow! Rgh! Oof!" And then landed at the bottom of the stairs. "Augh! Oww..."