Chapter 10

It was a bright, warm Saturday in New York. The birds were singing, and the sky didn't have many clouds. Children were playing on the playground as their parents watched, smiling at the fun their kids were having.

    Nearby, a young girl with green clothes was walking into a wooded area.

    She was carrying a metallic birdcage with both hands grasping the bottom

    She was carrying a metallic birdcage with both hands grasping the bottom. Inside the birdcage was a small, red sparrow with a black spot on its front. The young girl put the birdcage down gently, and opened the door. She slowly extended her hand in.

    Surprisingly, the American Tree Sparrow hopped on, as though it was trained to do so. After it hopped on, the girl raised her hand up, holding the small avian to the skies, as the two looked up. 

    "You're free to go." She said. "Take care."

    The sparrow turned around. "Chirp chirp." 

    "Ha ha. You're welcome." The girl replied with a warm smile.

    The sparrow turned back, spreading its wings before flying off.

    The young girl waved goodbye, as though she was saying farewell to a close friend. But her eyes were far from tearful.

    "Dianne!" A voice called out.

    The young girl turned to see Hyeon waving to her.

    "It's time to go!"

    "Okay! I'm coming right now!" Dianne picked up her empty birdcage, and hurried to her big sister.

    Little did she know that a small, partially-rounded silhouette was watching her from inside the bushes...

----------------------------------------------------Chapter 10: Dianne----------------------------------------------------

    "ALRIGHT!" Takeru rushed out the door, wearing his new visor brace on his right arm, as his smartphone fit perfectly. "Time to try out Digi-RUSH!"

    "Have a good day, Takeru!" His grandfather called to him, waving goodbye.

    "Wait!" Akamon said, trying to follow his tamer. "Let me go with you! Takeru!"

    "Hold up, Akamon." Ri-en said, picking him up, and bringing the thrashing digimon inside. "You can't just go out in the open like that."

    "Why not? There are digimon holograms everywhere."

    "Yes, but you're not a hologram. And your attacks aren't either. It won't be long before someone finds out you're real."

    "Aw..."

    "Why not wear a disguise?" said Mr. Akagami. A thought bubble of Akamon wearing a trench coat, hat, and fake mustache, appeared over his head. "It always worked back in my day."