Guardian No More?

Everyone waited for Adrien and Marinette to come back into the classroom.  Adrien kept breathing as normally as he could.  He then finally set down his tears and headed back inside, holding Mairnette's hand.

"We're back." said Marinette.

"You okay, dude?" asked Nino, putting a hand on Adrien's shoulder.

"Yeah...thanks, Nino." said Adrien, "I'm fine.  I'm okay."

________________________________________________________________________________

Description:

Hawk Moth has found out that Marinette Dupain-Cheng is Ladybug.  Just when Marinette is about to renounce her duty as Guardian to Cat Noir, her partner points out something: Is that really going to stop Hawk Moth?

________________________________________________________________________________

Cat Noir held onto Marinette Dupain-Cheng to a place of saftey.  He couldn't believe it, the girl of his dreams was the girl he basically dumped for the girl who happened to be the exact same person.

He set Marinette down.  She held the Miracle Box tightly close to her chest.  She had tears in her eyes.

"He found out, Chat..." she whimpered, "...you know what this means..."

At first, the cat-themed superhero didn't know.  Then, it hit him like a ton of bricks.  She was going to renounce her duty as Guardian, and give up her memories in the process.  He panicked.

"N-No!" he begged, "There...th-there has to be another w-way!"

"You know there isn't, Kitty!" said Marinette.

...

Everyone gasped.  Marinette and Adrien looked to each other.

"Would this world's you do it?" asked Adrien.

"I...it's the only way..." said Marinette.

The two then held each other close together very tightly.  They're very much hoping that it doesn't come to that.

...

Marinette was then about to say the magic word and make Cat Noir the new guardian.  It felt so irresponsible of her for a moment.  Her partner is sometimes so immature.  But then again, if he was mature enough to not misuse his power to destroy entire buildings, he could take cae of this.

Marinette knew that this is going to be close to impossible to explain, but thankfully she placed an emergency plan in the box.  She then took a deep breath, but befoe she could say it...

"Are you really sure that this is the only way?" asked Cat Noir, "I don't want you to forget."

"Yes, it is, Chat." replied Marinette, "And after this, Hawk Moth will have zero reasons to attack Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

"Are you sure?"

That stopped her completely.  She gave this almost scolding and yet questioning look.  

"Of course he'd leave a girl who can't remember a thing alone, what harm can she do?" she said.

"Really?" asked Cat Noir, "What about that one akuma who made you forget your entire life?  Did that stop you?"

Marinette then thought back.  That akuma did basically do what she's about to do to herself.  And yet somehow, that never stopped her from becoming Ladybug.  It was as if she always had that helping-people-from-dangerous-monsters feeling.