Daddys so mean

“Daddy is so mean!” Shinji announces, his blond eyebrows scrunched up as he glares at his father from across the table.

“Hey! I didn’t know any better, pup,” Katsuki tries.

“Papa, did you ever get to be All Might?” Shinji asks, big green eyes staring hopefully over at Deku.

Deku chuckles at that, “well, not in the way that you might think,” he explains. “You see, Kacchan never let me be All Might because he was a big baby at the time --”

“Hey!” Katsuki gasps in faux outrage because in all honesty, Deku is absolutely right, he was a big ole baby at the time.

“But in the end, I did get to be like All Might one day, when I was older. Much older. See, your Papa didn’t always have a quirk.”

----------

“Hey Kacchan, wait up!” a twelve year old Izuku calls. He’s grown a bit bigger, but is still on the smaller side, though his hair is as big and curly as ever. He’s still got scrapes and bandaids all over his knees, and not much has changed, he still sticks by Kacchan’s side but while Izuku remains pretty much the same as he always is, Kacchan is different.

He’s got a quirk! A cool one! He can make explosions with his hands and Izuku thinks he’s on his way to being just like All Might and it’s so exciting to watch. Izuku only wishes that his quirk would manifest so he could be as cool as Kacchan.

“Kacchan! Wait up, please!” Izuku repeats, trying to get his short legs to carry him quicker than maybe was possible, he’s so focused on the back of Kacchan’s neck and catching  up with him that he trips over his feet and falls down.

Izuku winces, his knee all scraped up now from falling on pavement, but Kacchan doesn’t stop, doesn’t circle back to help him, doesn’t even seem to falter in his stride. 

Izuku feels his eyes begin to water as he starts to realize the magnitude of what just happened.

Maybe things have changed and Izuku just didn’t notice, he’s not sure how that’s possible considering he’s always been hyperfocused on his friendship with Kacchan, even if he didn’t necessarily know why. But from that point on, their friendship kind of just… ends.

And it’s devastating for Izuku. Not only is he quirkless, but the end of his friendship with Kacchan marks a shift in his life and the way he’s treated. Shortly after that day, Izuku presents as an omega and Kacchan, he finds out through his mom who still talks with Mitsuki-san, that Kacchan presents as an Alpha.

Izuku spends some time off from school after that, going through his first ever heat, but when he returns, things are somehow much worse.

Not only has his world been spun on its head after presenting, but now Kacchan is actually interacting with him again but only to bully and tease him for being a useless, quirkless omega, a stupid Deku. 

It’s the first time ever that Izuku hates being called Deku. 

----------

“Papa,” Shinji whispers, big red eyes shiny with unshed tears. 

Katsuki shifts uncomfortably in his seat, only for Deku’s scarred hand to cover his and squeeze.

“It’s ok, pup,” Deku reassures, a soft smile on his face. 

“But Papa!” Shinji cries. “Daddy is so mean,” he whimpers, refusing to even look over at Katsuki. And god does that break his heart.

There’s not much he can do though, it’s their past and although he regrets treating Deku the way he did, it happened, and he isn’t going to shy away and not talk about it because Shinji needs to know.

“Daddy was so mean,” Deku corrects, squeezing Katsuki’s hand again, sensing his shame and regret. “Just keep listening, ok. I promise Daddy turns around at some point,” he says, sending a cute, comforting wink over at Katsuki, encouraging him to take a deep breath and raise his head up a little bit higher.

“Papa’s right, pup. Things were rough there for a bit, and your Daddy regrets ever hurting Papa, but I was young and a bit stupid, but things get better, of course they do, how else would you have got here?”

Shinji considers that for a second, before taking a big bite of ice cream and nodding bravely. “Ok. So what happens next, Papa?”

“Well…”
-----------------------------------
Word count: 734