Episode 113: Angela's First Catch!

Ashton, Justin, and Angela were currently walking down the road that headed towards the next town. "So, is walking the only thing Pokemon Trainers do when they're not catching Pokemon?" Angela asked. "Nope. We can do anything we want. Being a Pokemon trainer doesn't mean we can only catch Pokemon," Justin said. "I see," Angela said. "(He's so smart!)" Angela thought with a blush on her face.

They walked past some bushed and they began to rustle, causing the three to stop. "What was that?" Angela asked. Suddenly, a blue Pokemon jumped out of the bushes.

 Suddenly, a blue Pokemon jumped out of the bushes

"Woah! What Pokemon is that?" Justin asked. Ashton pulled out his pokedex and scanned the Pokemon. The Information said it was called a Marill. "Aw, it doesn't read it out loud like the Johto Pokedex did," Ashton said. Angela stared at Marill with determination in its eyes. "That one. I want that to catch that one," Angela said. "Well then, go ahead. Do you know how?" Ashton asked. "Yep! Watch!" Angela said. She grabbed a PokeBall and threw it at the Marill. The Marill saw the incoming PokeBall and slapped it back towards Angela with it's tail. The PokeBall hit Angela in the face.

"Ohh, denied," Ashton said. "What did I do wrong?!" Angela asked. "Some Pokemon won't let you capture them so easily. You'll have to battle it with your Pokemon," Justin said. "Right! I can do this!" Angela said as she pulled out her PokeBall. She threw it forward and sent out her Mudkip. "Mudkip!" Mudkip said. "Mudkip, are you ready to battle?" Angela asked. "Mudkip!" Mudkip said with determination. "Ok then, use Water Gun!" Angela said. "(She's getting better and better and she's only been a trainer for an hour.)" Justin said.

Mudkip shot a beam of water from it's mouth at Marill. Marill dodged the attack and rushed towards Mudkip. "oh no! Mudkip!" Angela said. Marill slapped Mudkip with it's tail, knocking it onto it's back. "Mudkip, hit it with your tail!" Angela said. Mudkip jumped back onto it's feet and rushed towards the Marill.

Mudkip slapped Marill with it's tail and sent the Pokemon rolling backwards and into a tree. "Now's your chance! Throw a PokeBall!" Ashton said. "Right!" Angela said. She quickly pulled out a PokeBall and threw it forward. The PokeBall hit the Marill and absorbed it. The ball shook three times before glowing green. "I did it! I actually caught a Pokemon!" Angela exclaimed as she jumped up and down.

She ran over to her PokeBall and picked it up. "I actually caught a Marill," Angela said as she stared at the PokeBall happily. "I don't even think we were this happy when we caught our first Pokemon," Justin whispered to Ashton. Suddenly, a bush behind Ashton began to shake. Ashton and Justin turned to see a small acorn Pokemon jump from the bush.

 Ashton and Justin turned to see a small acorn Pokemon jump from the bush

"Oh. A Pokemon," Justin said. "I'll catch it!" Ashton said as he pulled out the PokeBall Professor Birch gave him. "I don't even know what's in this Pokemon, but I hope it's really cool!"

Ash threw the PokeBall forward and a small orange bird came out.

"What Pokemon is this?" Ashton asked. He pulled out his pokedex and scanned it. The pokedex said it was called a Torchic and it was a Fire type. Then Ashton scanned the Acorn Pokemon and read it's information. It said It was called a Seedot and it was a grass type. "Alright! I have the advantage here!" Ashton exclaimed.

"You've got this Ash," Justin said. "Yeah!" Angela said. Ash nodded and faced the Seedot. "Torchic, use Scratch!" Ashton shouted. Torchic ran forward and scratched the Seedot in the face. "Now use Ember!" Ashton shouted.

Torchic opened its beak and shot out a small flame at Seedot. The flame damaged Seedot. Seedot ran towards Torchic and slammed its head into its stomach. "Torchic! Use Ember again!" Ashton shouted. Torchic opened its beak and shot a small flame at Seedot. Seedot fell to the ground. "Nows my chance!" Ashton shouted. He threw his Pokéball forward and it hit Seedot. The ball shook three times and glowed green. "Alright! My first Hoenn catch!" Ashton exclaimed.

"Now, we should keep going guys. Were getting close to Petalburg City," Justin said. Ashton and Angela nodded. Angela's Mudkip jumped onto Angela's shoulder. "Woah, you wanna ride up there?" Angela asked. "Mudkip!" Mudkip said happily. "Ok then!" Angela said. "That reminds me. Its been a while since Blastoise was out of its Pokeball," Ashton said. He pulled oht Blastoise's Pokeball and called out his starter Pokémon. "Blast!" Blastoise said, happy to see its trainer. "Hey buddy. Were in the Hoenn region. Ill let you out of your pokeball and travel with me," Ashton said, smiling at his starter Pokémon. "Blastoise!" Blastoise said happily.

"Ok, lets get going guys!" Ashton said. Him, Justin, and Angela continued to walk down the path, continuing their journey through the Hoenn region.

End of episode

Next episode: Attack of the Team Rocket Hoenn Unit!

Word count: 892 words