Episode 116: Anthony's New Moves! Who's Team Aqua?

After a few minutes of walking, our t heros arrived at the exit of  Petalburg City, where Anthony was waiting for them. "There you three are. Are you ready for your training?" Anthony asked. "Yep! So, what moves will we be learning?" Ashton asked. "You'll all be learning different things. You'll learn two moves, Justin will learn one, and Angela will simply be training until her Mudkip evolves," Anthony said.

"What?! Why does Ashton get to learn two moves?!" Angela asked. "It's Simple," Anthony said as he turned and faced the forest. "You saw how easily his Blastoise went down, right? That thing is weak."

"Blast!" Blastoise said angrily. "Calm down Blastoise. He doesn't mean any harm behind his words," Ashton said while patting his Pokemon's back. "Ok, let's get going. We'll be training in Petalburg Woods. Once you learn the moves, I'll take you to Rustburo City and that's when we'll split up," Anthony said. "Ok!" The three trainers said. Anthony and the trainers started walking down the road towards Petalburg Forest. Along the way, they passed a small beach with a small cottage and a dock. They kept walking until they reached the entrance of Petalburg Woods.

They all walked in and walked for a few minutes until they were in an open area. Anthony stopped and faced the trainers. "Now then, Justin, send out Venusaur. Mudkip, Blastoise, you two come here," Anthony said. Mudkip jumped off of Angela's shoulder and It and Blastoise walked forward. Justin pulled out a PokeBall and sent out Venusaur, who walked forward beside Mudkip and Blastoise. "Alright you three. I'm now about to explain the moves I'll be teaching you," Anthony said. "You mean the moves you'll be teaching them," Angela mumbled. "Relax, I'll teach Mudkip a move too," Anthony said while rolling his eyes.

"Now then. Blastoise will be learning Aqua Aura and Iron Fist," Anthony said. "Woah! Those moves sound Awesome!" Ashton exclaimed. "Justin, your Venusaur will be learning Solar Absorb," Anthony said. "That sounds interesting," Justin said. "Angela, your Mudkip, which will soon be a Marshtomp, will learn Mudball," Anthony said. "Mudball?" Angela asked while deadpanning.

"Yes. Now then, I'll begin with Ashton here since Blastoise has to learn two moves. You two go do basic training," Anthony said. "Right!" Justin and Angela said before they walked off with their Pokemon. For the next hour, Anthony trained Ashton and Blastoise until they were able to do the move. When Anthony saw Blastoise could do the move, he smiled and moved onto Justin. Since Venusaur only had to learn one move, it didn't take as long and pretty soon, Venusaur had mastered the move. Then he finally moved onto Angela and Mudkip.

They trained until Mudkip evolved into its second evolution form, Marshtomp. Once they all learned their moves, Anthony looked at them with a proud look on his face. "I gotta say. You guys learned those moves pretty fast. I'm impressed with all of you. Well done," Anthony said. Justin and Angela smiled while Ashton gave him a huge grin and a thumbs up. "Now then, we should get out of this forest and set up camp. It's getting dark," Anthony said. The three trainers nodded and the five of them began walking through the forest.

(Five including Blastoise)

They all walked in silence until they saw a man looking around the woods. He noticed our heros and walked towards them. "Excuse me, have you seen a Pokemon named Shroomish around here? It's one of my favorite Pokemon," The man said. "I'm afraid not," Anthony said. Suddenly, a bush behind the man began to rustle and a man dressed in a sailor outfit jumped out.

"Who's that?" Ashton asked

"Who's that?" Ashton asked. "I was gonna ambush this guy, but he spent most of his time dawdling in this forest! I'm sick of waiting, so here I am!" The man yelled in frustration. He walked towards the man, who began to shiver in fear.

"You! Devon researcher! Hand over those papers!" The sailor said, pointing to the papers in the Devon researcher's hands. "Eek!" The Devon researcher said before running behind Justin. "You guys are Pokemon trainers, right? You've got to help me!" The Devon researcher said while gripping onto the back of Justin's jacket. "You're older than us and yet you're hiding behind us like a wimp," Angela said with a deadpanned expression on her face. Ashton stepped forwards towards the sailor.

"Huh? What do you think you're doing? What, you gonna protect him? No one crosses Team Aqua and gets mercy, not even a little kid like you," The Team Aqua grunt said. A tick mark appeared on Ashton's forehead. "Little kid?!" He shouted angrily. "He gets angry when people call him a little kid," Justin whispered to Anthony and Angela. "Be my guest then," The grunt said as he pulled out a PokeBall and sent out a Poochyena.

"Blastoise! Let's teach this guy a lesson!" Ashton said. "Blast!" Blastoise said before walking forward. "Poochyena, use Bite!" The Team Aqua  grunt said. Poochyena growled and ran towards Blastoise. "Hey Ashton. You sure you can handle this guy?" Anthony asked. "Yep! I'll just use one of my new moves! Blastoise, use Iron Fist!" Ashton said. Blastoise nodded and concentrated hard. It's Arm suddenly turned extremely hard.

Poochyena jumped forward and bit Blastoise's arm, but ended up hurting it's teeth. It let go and whined in pain. "W-What?!" The Team Aqua Grunt exclaimed. Blastoise winded it's fist back and punched Poochyena, sending it flying and crashing into the grunt, sending them flying into a tree. The grunt groaned in pain while Poochyena fainted. "Good job Blastoise," Ashton said. "Blast!" Blastoise said happily.

The grunt called Poochyena back to it's Pokeball and growled. "You've got some nerve meddling with Team Aqua! You're lucky I'm busy. Team Aqua is after something in Rustburo City, so I'll let you go for today," The grunt said before running away. "Why would he tell us that?" Justin asked. Angela just shrugged. Ashton and Blastoise walked back over to their friends and turned to the Devon researcher.

"Whew, that was awfully close. Thanks to you guys, he didn't get the important papers. Here, I have something for you guys," The Devon researcher said. He reached into his pocket and handed them a bag of great balls. "By the way, that Team Aqua guy said they were after something in Rustburo City, right? It's a crisis! I can't be wasting time!" The Devon researcher said before running off as well. "Well, we should get going as well," Anthony said.

They all continued walking until they eventually reached the exit of the woods. They walked out and walked for a while until it was too dark to see anything. Anthony set up a huge tent while Justin made a campfire. Once the campfire was set, Justin and Anthony cooked dinner while Ashton played catch with Blastoise using an empty PokeBall. Angela was inside the tent, writing in a journal. "Foods Done," Anthony said. Angela closed her journal and put it in her bag before getting out of the tent.

They all ate and laid down in the tent. "Good night guys," Anthony said. He was still sitting up and looked over to see the three trainers were already asleep. He smiled and laid on his back to before going to sleep. "(You guys really do remind me of them.)" Anthony thought before going to sleep.

End of Episode
Next episode: Roxanne, the Rustburo City Gym Leader! Goodbye Anthony!

Word count: 1262 words