ALICE IN WONDERLAND

Kierra has been in denial for a week now about the miscarriage.

"A miscarriage." The doctor says. It's been about a week of Ky in the hospital ever since the day of the Grammies.

"N-no." Ky says. "I-it's not." Tears in form in her eyes.

"Listen, I know it's hard, but denial does you no good." The doctor says. "I'll leave you two alone."

"D-do you believe her?" Ky asks her husband.

"Yes, Kierra." Colson says. "She's right." He says with watery eyes.

"No." Kierra says. "Our-our little angel isn't gone." She says.

"Our little angel is gone, Kierra!" Colson says, frustrated.

"No!" Kierra says. "Angel isn't gone." She says.

"Stop Kierra! Just stop! Angel is gone." He says.

"Angel isn't gone!" Kierra yells, tears streaming down her face, the same with Colson. Then the room goes silent.

"I-I'm sorry Colson." Ky says.

"So am I." Colson says. He goes and lays next to Ky in her hospital bed. "We'll get through this together." Colson says.

—————————————————————————

The next week, Colson and Kierra are back at the house and they're fighting again.

"Colson! Stop saying that!" Kierra yells.

"Baby! Please! It's true!" Colson says. "Angel is gone but we have to move on!" He says.

"Angel isn't gone! She's still here." Kierra says.

"Love, please, I want to help you but you're not accepting my help." Colson says.

"I don't need help, Colson." Ky says.

"Listen, I did some research." Colson says. "There are 5 stages of grief."

"I'm not feeling grief." Ky says.

"Ky, hear me out." Colson says. "Denial is the first one."

"You're saying that I'm in denial?" Ky asks. "I'm not in denial, Colson!" Ky yells.

"Anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance." Colson says. "We just gotta get to the last stage."

"I'm not feeling grief." Ky says.

"See? Now you're in denial about feeling grief." Colson says.

"No I'm not!" Ky yells.

Colson hates seeing Kierra like this. She's sad and confused and there's not much that he can do about it.

"Baby-" Colson says.

"Don't 'baby' me!" Kierra yells. "Angel is still alive!"

"Angel isn't alive, Ky." Colson says. "Angel isn't here anymore." He says, holding back tears.

Kierra shakes her head and goes upstairs.

This goes on for about a month. Ky is in denial and whenever she sees Colson, she gets mad. Not mad a him, mad at herself. She thinks that it's her fault that Angel is gone. Colson was so happy that they were going to have a kid and then Kierra took the baby away. She took away Colson's little Angel. She blames herself for it.

—————————————————————————

"Good morning, love." Colson says as Kierra walks downstairs.

"Morning." Kierra says.

"How did you sleep?" Colson asks.

"Fine." Ky says. She sits down.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Colson asks.

Ky shrugs. "I'm not really hungry."

"Are you feeling okay, Love?" Colson asks.

"No, Colson. I lost our baby and it's all my fault." Ky says. "And I hate myself for it. I'm so angry at myself."

"Oh, baby, hey, it wasn't your fault." Colson says. "It could've happened to anyone." He says, sitting next to Kierra.

"But it happened to me!" Ky yells, getting mad at herself. "W-we could've been celebrating our little Angel's gender right now but no! And it's all my fault! It's my body! My fault!" Ky yells, tears streaming down her face. The she looks down. "S-sorry for loosing our Angel."

Then Colson hugs Ky and rubs her back. Ky cries a little bit. "Love, it wasn't your fault and I don't blame you at all for it. Not even a little bit."

"But-" Ky gets cut off.

"No buts. It wasn't your fault and I don't blame you." Colson says. "I love you so much." He says. Landing a kiss on the top of Ky's head.