chapter 5: a grim discovery

I walked over to the fake wall in bonnie Bowl. i had seen a few times already. "I can't budge it at all," i explained. Monty took off his glasses. "Looks like I'll have to overclock then," he stood in front of the wall. His eyes seemed to go blank like he had gone into sleep mode. "Overclock?" I asked. Roxy nodded. "Yeah, when we were repaired, we were given an extra function called overclocking. In montys' case, it pushes his physical strength so far it even dwarfs yours and, like mackenzie said, you're built to be able to easily out match monty in strength. Now, if there is any kind of system error, the overclock system will lock itself and be unaccessible to us. Even normally functioning to use it, we have to imput a password." I give her a look asking her to go on. "It's different for each of us, but the only hint we have is this. "Who do you want to protect more than anything." The 4 of us already have our answers and, therefore, our paswords, and no, it won't accept "everyone" as an answer." She explains as monty suddenly digs his claws into the wall, his arms having grown thicker as my arms could hear his systems roaring as he heaved and pulled at the wall. "Listen, you fake bastard. Get. Out. of. my. WAAAAYY!!!" He roared as he ripped the wall off the building and dropped it against the actual wall to his right. I immediately walked in, turning the corner, and froze. "Holy shit....i hate when im right." The other 3 ran in, and montys jaw would have hit the floor had it not been attached to him. Laying before us in a wrecked heap was glamrock bonnie. My eyes seemed to immediately scan the area as i stumbled back from a tsunami of information flooding my processor. "Steady her." Mackenzie ordered. "She's gone into investigate mode. Roxy. Get chica and freddy. They.....they need to see this." Montys arms had returned to normal size as he held me still. "dont panic its all being sent to your personal terminal in your security station." He explained, trying to keep his voice level. "Im fine now, monty. You can grieve." I tell him, and he just kneels and stares.

It's not long before i hear roxy. "Before you both go in....your not going to like what you see. Amelianna is in investigation mode, so....wait until she's done before asking her anything. I heard the footsteps and then....the most heart-wrenching, tear jerking scream from Chica I've ever heard, and freddy just broke down into sobs as they saw what had became fo thier long missing friend. "He was manually deactivated. Permanently." I explained. "His emergency shutdown switch isn't just turned. it's turned so far it's broken beyond repair." I say. "I swear to you all. I will get to the bottom of this. But first. I think everyone deserves a chance to say goodbye to one hell of a rockstar." MacKenzie looks at me."What do you mean?"We hold a funeral. Many people loved bonnie. Its only fair that they get a chance to say goodbye also." Mackenzie nods in agreement. "I'll make some calls. Amelianna. Fuck the curfew. You dont leave this spot. No one in. No one out, but company personel am i clear." I rotate my arm in its socket. "I'd like to see them try it." I growl. The band sits there mourning as Mackenzie fights tears pulling out her phone. "Hello, sir. Yes, i know what time it is. It is. We found bonnie. Yes, sir. That's what i said. He's gone, sir. Thers no saving him. Amelianna had an idea. We give him a funeral. Yes, exactly. No way in hell is anyone getting past her, sir. He'll be safe till you arrive. Yes, sir." She hung up. "You aren't to leave until the owner gets here with a crew of the best repair crew the company has. He likes your idea and is ready to go to war with the company to get it approved." I nod as i rest a hand on freddys shoulder, humming a tune.

The next few days are a blur. The owner was still in his pajamas as he walked over and was in awe at what he saw. One of the repair men started crying at the sight of it. "Come on, boys. Let's get our friend patched up one last time." Said a very round man as years fell down his cheeks. "Sir, dont worry about a coffin. We are gonna build him one ourselves." The same man said. The owner nodded as he was on the phone. "i dont give DAMN about company policy! This is a very important part of countless peoples childhoods! He deserves dignity and respect, and they deserve a chance to say goodbye! I will pay for the event put of my own god damn fucking pocket if i have to!!" Je screamed into his phone tears running down his cheeks. "You damn right, i will!" A moment later, he hung up. "Im paying for it, but we got the ok." He answered his phone again."Oh? Yes. At least someone has a fucking heart" one of the board members of the compover heard the conversation and ordered that advertising for the event be payed for by the company saying "we are about family here and one of our members has died. We WILL show him respect." Within a week, the even was set, and i was ordered to have an absolutely 0 tolarance policy for any disrespect from anyone. I even wrote a song for us to sing during the funeral, a last message from us to our dear friend.

As the day of the event came, tens of thousands of people showed up. The only attraction open was bonnie bowl, no one was charged a dime for anything. Admission food drinks nothing. This wasn't about profit. This was about saying goodbye to a cherished member of our fazbear family. The owner stood on stage as he wiped his eyes. "Thank you all for coming here. Before we begin, i feel it's pertinent for me to tell you how he was found. Our very own Amelianna discovered a fake wall in bonnie Bowl and, with the help of monty, removed it, finding our friend destroyed by a former employee, at least that's her initial theory. She is still investigating the case, and all evidence has already been documented." On that note, freddy and monty followed me carrying a long black coffin surrounded by every single employee the pizza plex had, each with a faz tazer ready to use at a moments notice. They set him down on a few boxes eclipse had set up for the event and was flying around giving free bonnie plushies to anyone who needed one. I step up to the microphone and sigh. "Before we begin the band and myself have a song we would like to sing.....a....farewell to our friend." We were all given special casing updates to fit the occasion. As me and the girls had black dresses and the boys had tuxedos.

Freddy: When we met. You were an ok, dude. When we met, i was more than a little rude.

Roxy: When we met all, i was always mad.
When we met, hate for you was all i had.

All: You're a friend who is family

You're a friend who's the best that best can be

You're a friend who set me free.

You're a friend who's named bonnie.

Chica: When we met, i was oh so loud. When we met, i was never proud.

Monty: When we met, i just ran and hid. When we met, i never listened, but i wish i did.

All: You're a friend who is family

You're a friend who's the best that best can be

You're a friend who set me free.

You're a friend who's named bonnie.

Amelianna: we never met, but i wish we had. We never met, and i am sad.

Now you're gone, and you're trusting me

I swear i will protect this family

Monty: i should have listened to what you teach because i have goals now. i want to reach

All: You're a friend who is family

You're a friend who's the best that best can be

You're a friend who set me free.

You're a friend who's named bonnie.

Roxy: Now you're gone, and i can't say why, but all i do is shake and cry

Freddy: Now you're gone, and you left a hole, i miss you, friend. Please rest your soul.

All: You're a friend who is family

You're a friend who's the best that best can be

You're a friend who set me free.

You're a friend who's named bonnie.

Chica: You have worked so hard and tried so long to make us smile and sing your song

Amelianna: But now it's over, and we are free.

Monty: to be the best you knew we could be.

All: You're a friend who is family

You're a friend who's the best that best can be

You're a friend who set me free.

You're a friend who's named bonnie. You're a friend whose name is bonnie

Freddy: You're my friend who was named bonnie.

By the end, the entire attendance was singing the course with us with cellphones lighting the room like candles. And everyone was mourning.

We lost a good friend. But whatever afterlife there is gained one hell of a rockstar.