chapter 6: mourning and investigation

The day after Bonnie's funeral, the pizzaplex remained closed so the glamrocks could have a day to mourn. It also gave me a day to start my investigation in earnest. Breakfast was quiet today. I went back to bonnie Bowl, where i had the mechanics leave a replica of bonnies casing for me to look at. They instead left a replica casing and endo exactly as bonnie was found. Bonnie himself is in parts and service with the glamrock band where they are saying goodbye. I look at the drag marks along the ground as my eyes begin matching them to potential sources. "Looks like someone overloaded a flat bed." I say as the marks are matched to a flat bed dolly that's over its weight limit. I begin backtracking the marks as my eyes follow the scuff marks that the culprit tried to hide all the way to monty Golf. I find 2 security doors that require 10 and 12 level security, respectively. "Huh....a bit overkill dont ya think?" I think alloud as the day security walks up confused. "Doesn't security only go up to like 8?" The ginger male asks. "That's right, allen." I answer getting his name from the information stored in my memory of who is allowed to be in the building today. He only has 20 minutes before his shift ends. Have i really been at this this long? "But then..." he starts. "I know." I answer. "Let her think allen." I hear mackenzie say as she walks up with the boss while im inspecting a busted wall and separating glass plane. The boss carefully follows me before asking. "A new lead?" I look at him "possible. There are well hidden grooves from an overloaded flat bed coming from here to bonnie Bowl, but they cut through monty golf in a way that....its almost like they wanted those to be found." I say. His brow furrows. "So monty was set up." I nod before mackenzie gets my attention. "Come on. It's time for lunch. Chica insists you join since you didn't eat breakfast." I nod with a sigh as i follow them to el chips my databoards working hard as i try to make sense of it all. When I get there, i see the gang is just as bummed out as before. it's roxy who greets me. "How's the investigation going ?" I sigh tiredly. "Confusing." This makes the others look up with interest. "I can say for certain bonnie wasn't taken down in bonnie Bowl. im still trying to find the actual incident origin. Whoever took him down wasn't an animatronic, though." I state matter-of-factly. "How do you know?" freddy says as Chica goes to make lunch for me. I pulled up a picture of a damaged piece of wall where bonnie was found. "That isn't from bonnie being knocked into the wall. Otherwise, he wouldn't have fallen into the position he was found in. More likely, it was someone trying to dump him there, but they had to move him off of the flatbed they used to bring him there, and in trying to stand him up, he fell backward smacking into the wall. Furthermore, if he was still on, why need a flat bed?" I explain. "So it couldn't have been monty." Chica says, placing a plate of 4 towering burgers in front of me. "No way in hell. If it was monty, he could have just carried bonnie there." i say as i begin eating. "It goes without saying all of us are willing to help." Roxy offers. I nod as my processors begin working if their skills will be helpful, and i can already find a use for roxy. "I could use your help roxy. The dolly trails us, getting harder for me to follow. It's just.....dissappearing." i say confused. Roxy stands up as i finish the last bites of my food thanking chica for the food, who bwaks happy that i enjoyed it. "Let's go." She says.

I led her back to the rooms. "Ignore those for now," i say, causing her to nod. "I definitely see the trail disappearing," she says as we both get on all fours to let   our claws feel the deep grooves in the carpet. "You'd think these would have disappeared by now." I mention. "Bonnie had an oil leaking problem." Roxy informs. We follow the trail to the maintenance tunnels where we lose the trail again. "Well shit." I complain. "Not even bonnies oil leak can help us here. At that moment, a light turned on overhead, and my link to the cameras alert me of movement as a wall opens. I head towards the open wall to see 2 double doors with roxy behind
I kick the door open to see a large room not on my internal map, and i radio mackenzie. "Um, mackenzie? There's a room not on the map here." Moments later, mackenzie is walking up and walking into the room. "That... doesn't make sense...." she says, confused. I walk in after her with roxy and look around. Boxes line the walls with random lables on them. i look in a few boxes and find a lot of bizarre things like a fuzzy yellow chica head that I'd guess is a hundred years old if not for my processors telling me it's from the 1990s, a picture that reads "it's me" and busted microphone. "How old is this stuff?" Mackenzie asks, holding up a yellow freddy head. Looking at her, i responded with, "That's from the 1980s. But just then, alarms ring off in my head at the sight of it as i narrow my eyes at it. "Let me see that." I say, and she brings it over. Turning it around in my hands, i see why. "Spring locks....these got retired decades ago. They have no business being here." I say mildly alarmed as i look up and see roxy standing over a box. "Amelia...." her voice quivers as i walk over and see my employee of the month picture in a box just as the floor under the entire room drops out from under us, and we fall into the unknown beneath.