4. two old men

Charlotte walked into the bullpen, holding up her phone so she could see her sister

"Charlie, I don't know what to think, okay?"

Kate always called her sister when she had a problem. Or when she had something to celebrate. Or basically in any other situation.

"Do you love him?"

She saw Kate smile through the phone. "Yeah, I do. A lot."

"Does he know?"

Her sister looked away. "Yeah..."

It wasn't hard for anyone to see through that lie. "Katie..."

"Well, I haven't exactly told him."

"You should. Tell him."

"Tell who, which him, what?" Rick asked in the background.

Rick was her sister's boyfriend, very very rich boyfriend. But that wasn't the reason why Charlotte loved their relationship.

Kate wasn't a very open person, she was severly traumatized, something only he could help her with. He made her laugh, he made her forget, he made her accept. He made her enjoy life, and that's why Charlotte loved him for her sister.

"Good morning, Ricky!"

In a swift motion he took her sister's phone. "Charlie, what a pleasure. When are you coming over for dinner? My mother appears to be missing you."

"Your mother? Are you sure?" Charlotte grinned.

"Uh, well, yeah. Absolutely. She misses you, a lot."

"I see."

Kate took back her phone. "Fantastic conversation you love birds, now I gotta go, do actual police work. I'll talk to you later, Charlie."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

"See that wasn't that h-" She was cut off by her sister hanging up. "hard."

It'd been ten days at the BAU and no case, yet. But as she saw Hotch and JJ walking into the conference room, Charlotte knew her odds might have changed.

And when Derek walked by and told her: "Beckett, case." She with full certainty knew her luck had changed.

First case!