2. i still hear

Her first day at the BAU consisted of paperwork and mock cases

Her first day at the BAU consisted of paperwork and mock cases. Mock cases, as if she wasn't prepared. Charlotte never came unprepared, and that's also what both Emily and Strauss had explained to Hotch, but he still wasn't convinced of her capabilities.

He was wary of her and it'd shown through every pore of his body. He breathed vigilance whenever she entered his vision.

"It's not your fault", Emily mentioned as she gave her best friend a drink. "I remember when I joined the team, he thought I was a spy, for the longest time."

"You were a spy."

"Yes, well, whatever. Point is, he isn't a very trusting person and especially since his ex-wife."

Charlotte took a sip of her drink. "His ex-wife? There was actually someone willing to put up with him?"

"Charlotte, this is serious", She said to her. "Hotch was actually the one to put up with her ass. Then she basically forced him to quit the BAU, which he wasn't willing to do. Then she cheated on him and left him while he was on a case. Yeah and then she had to pay the price of Karma, with her life."

She almost choked on her margarita. "And you just told me to be serious?"

"Yes", Emily nodded with full force.

Charlotte laughed. "God, I missed you Em."

This was the first time during their 'serious' conversation that Emily popped a smile as well. "I missed having you around, and who knows, maybe you're to one who can change our very serious SSA Hotchner."

Then a beat.

This time Emily full-on laughed. "Who am I kidding? Hotch changes for no one, not even his own kid."

And Em's last addition was another choking hazard for Charlotte. "He has a kid?"

That was something she hadn't expected. The strict boss didn't look like the kind of man who'd be a father in figure, but she reckoned he'd be a good dad. After all, he seemed like a very protective man.

"Yes, a little son. His name is Jack. He's adorable. You'll love him."

She was shaken out of her trance by Emily's last words. 'You'll love him'. "I what now?"

"You'll love him."

"Who says I'm ever going to meet him?"

Charlotte wasn't convinced she ever would. Hotch hadn't seemed to taken a liking towards her, and even less trust. And why would he ever introduce his offspring to someone he didn't like nor trust? She herself would never do such a thing.

"Oh, trust me, you will."