vi , playful banters

"hello to you too, mr

"hello to you too, mr. fuck!"

⚓︎

"i can't find him!" i paced back and forth, frustration evident, while zoro and luffy looked at me like i was some sort of bug.

"(name)! you're back in the village!?" a familiar voice called out.

"hello to you too, mr. fuck!" i retorted sarcastically, my eyes scanning the crowd.

"it's buck..."

"why did nami send you back anyway, (name)?" luffy questioned as he looked up from his position, he was sprawled on the floor, his legs rest
ping against the wall in front of him.

"oh, that."

ten minutes ago -

nami and i had our heads poking out of a wall, observing multiple ships along the coast. i was positioned slightly above her, searching for usopp, while she was diligently scouting for the perfect ship for our crew.

however, finding that bedtime-story-telling liar usopp proved to be an elusive task.

"actually," i began, my voice full of enthusiasm as i recounted my memories, "i was the one who taught usopp how to use his slingshot. we both practiced relentlessly day and night to perfect our aim. usopp had a natural talent for learning new things, so teaching him the basics was a breeze. as for everything else, he pretty much self-taught himself! there was a bow and arrow lying around that he never used because he was afraid he'd hurt himself, so i took it upon myself to look after it. and as you can see, i'm holding it right now. back then, it was quite big for me, but it fits perfectly now"

"(name), as captivating as your storytelling is, we're trying to keep a low profile," nami interjected, her tone filled with practicality.

at that moment, a passing villager pointed at me, apparently intending to make a comment.

"no," I firmly interjected, shutting down any further conversation.

"but i didn't even—" the villager protested.

"no," i repeated, putting an end to the discussion.

"fine, geez," the villager muttered in defeat.

"what was that all about?" nami inquired, curious about the brief exchange.

"nothing," i replied, hoping to avoid drawing any unnecessary attention.

(remember kids, 'nothing' always means something.)

"anyway, as i was saying—"

"get out."

"we're already out, what do you mean—"

nami promptly elbowed me in the stomach.

⚓︎

present time -