xi , birthday blast

"loosen up mossy, i'm alright

"loosen up mossy, i'm alright."

⚓︎

at the dining table, i found myself seated between usopp and zoro, with nami and luffy sitting across from us. 

i felt a lingering gaze upon me, and when i turned my head, i found myself locking eyes with renji. he stood gracefully behind nami's seat, his intense gaze fixed upon me.

is he in love with me or something?

noticing this, zoro subtly shifted his chair closer to mine. he leaned in, his lips hovering tantalizingly close to my ear, his warm breath sending shivers down my spine.

"if you're uncomfortable, just let me know. we can leave," zoro whispered, his voice carrying a comforting reassurance.

i glanced over to see nami and usopp sharing the same smug expression. i shrugged them off.

"loosen up, mossy, i'm alright."

zoro slowly backed away, nodding, and reached out to grab a glass of alcohol.

"i'd love to try the fish tonight," kaya turned to face sham with a gentle smile, her eyes filled with anticipation.

"i'm sorry, miss kaya, but that is not possible," klahadore announced, walking up to her.

kaya's smile faltered slightly, but she tried to hide her disappointment. "maybe just a small piece?"

though it was disappointing, it seemed as if kaya already knew the answer to her request.

"now, you know that certain foods can affect your constitution," klahadore turned to buchi, who entered the room carrying a marbled white bowl resting on a tray.

"here, buchi has prepared your special soup," klahadore announced, presenting the soup that had an odd blue hue.

"come on, kaya, don't listen to edward scissorhands over here! It's your birthday, not a dietary exam," i said with a small smile, taking a sip of my drink.

usopp turned to me, a look of confusion on his face. "who?—"

"you wouldn't know."

"kaya, (name)'s right," nami interjected, her tone firm as she expressed her sympathy for the birthday girl. "it's your birthday. you should be able to eat whatever you want."

"miss kaya's medical condition necessitates that i closely monitor her dietary needs," klahadore explained.

"does it mean you also speak for her?" nami's tone remained unyielding as she questioned klahadore's authority. silence fell, tension thick in the air before i intervened.

"the point is, no matter how important her dietary needs are, her wishes and happiness matter too. as someone who has been with her for a long time, you should consider that," i stated firmly, setting down my glass, crossing my arms, and staring at klahadore, unwavering in my resolve.