xiii , drunken moss

"why don't you come find out?"

⚓︎

i advanced toward the kitchen, my weapon safely strapped to my back and my waist bag hanging from my waist. the soft glow of moonlight illuminated my way as i took brisk, purposeful steps. upon entering the kitchen, i discovered a fellow stretchy boy, luffy, passed out on the table.

"what the hell, luffy!" i leaped over the railing, swiftly making my way to the unconscious pirate.

i quickly noticed a familiar hue of blue soup on his lips and glanced at the innocent, empty pot resting on top of the stove.

'that explains it.'

"basement," luffy muttered, groaning as he lay on the table, his eyebrows scrunched in pain.

"what?" i turned to look at him, unsure of what to do in this situation.

why am i like this?

"go... to the basement."

i furrowed my eyebrows. he's obviously not well; does he not need help?

"but you're-"

luffy shook his hand shakily as a sign for me to stop worrying and do as ordered.

"all right then," i backed away from the scene. he didn't want me to intrude, did he? "as you wish, captain!"  i took a last glance at the pirate, noticing a small smile slowly forming on his lips. he really likes being called a captain, doesn't he?

i dashed to the stairs leading to the basement, immediately taking note of a certain masked man (whom i came to recognize as a pirate of a fallen crew) scowling in the framed pictures hanging on the walls next to the descending stairs.

"i'll take care of him later."

i couldn't help but wonder, 'why did luffy almost die after ingesting the blue soup, while kaya has been drinking it since... god knows when.'

this isn't a normal house, nor is the food, nor the staff. did "renji" leave his pirate tendencies and decide to live a normal life?

no. he's not one to do so. he has an ego, he's someone who'll seek revenge. someone who'll attempt to kill his opponent, even if he dies in the process.

⚓︎

i slowly approached the basement with inaudible footsteps, quickly hiding behind the wall next to the entrance upon seeing two familiar faces.

"why the heck is this moss-haired freak so heavy?" buchi exaggerated with his arms dramatically flopping down to his sides, failing to carry zoro.

'is he dead?' with my mouth agape, i listened to the two bickering.

"it's because you're too weak." sham snickered with a hand covering her smile.

buchi glared at her.

"you're not even helping me!"