Chapter II

This chapter is dedicated to Misteryangel333 for being my first follower.

A/N: Yeah I was impatient so I decided to publish this chapter two days early lol.

Present day. . .

"So, Sparrow of Seacliff, what should we do with you?" Judge Crow hissed, glee lacing her words like poison in wine.

Sparrow shuddered, keeping silent. Don't say anything that she could use against you.

"We should kill you, shouldn't we?" Judge Crow asked.

Sparrow remained staring at the ground.

"Yes, we should," Judge Crow answered herself. "Now, do you have anything to say in your defense?" Her voice was bored in her last sentence, obviously annoyed that she had to ask.

"The. . . the SandWing - Gila - she. . ."Sparrow gulped, glancing up at Judge Crow's ominous silhouette. "She tried to kill me first, Judge Crow."

Judge Crow leaned forward. "Oh, did she now?"

"Yes, she did." Sparrow looked to her left, where the voice came from. A male orange SkyWing, on the lowest step of the dias, was looking up at Judge Crow. "I saw it with my own eyes."

"Swallow," Judge Crow grunted. "Just like you to interrupt."

"Judge Crow, with all due respect, I did not interrupt," Swallow stated. "I was acting as a witness."

Judge Crow exhaled impatiently. "Fine. Swallow, where were you when you saw the event?"

"I was a few wing-lengths away, fighting my partner," Swallow informed. "I looked over when I heard someone roar." Gila, Sparrow thought. As she tried to bite my neck.

"And can you tell us what you saw?" Judge Crow asked.

"The SandWing - Gila - tried to bite Sparrow's neck. She landed on Sparrow's back and Sparrow rolled over to squash her," Swallow recounted. "They both stood up and Gila tried to stab Sparrow with her tail. Acting out of desperation-" He glanced at Sparrow for confirmation, who nodded "-Sparrow lit her barb on fire. Gila accidentally touched her side with her flaming tail and set herself on fire."

"So, what do you suggest we do with her then?" Sparrow thought she saw Judge Crow wave a talon at her.

"Well, we cannot escape the fact that Sparrow, accidentally or not, did kill another dragon." Sparrow looked at Swallow with horror. "But it was just self-defense, so I suggest we only banish her, nothing more."

There was silence for a few moments. Finally, Judge Crow lifted her head to look at the balcony above Sparrow. "Queen Precipice, do you agree with Swallow's proposition?"

There was a slight hiss. "Very well," a voice grunted. "Banish her. But tell all SkyWings that if they see her in our borders again, they have direct orders from me to kill her."

Sparrow's heart sank. She was never going to be able to live in her beloved mountains again.

"Fine," Judge Crow said. "Sparrow of Seacliff, you are sentenced to a lifelong banishment from the Sky Kingdom. You are not allowed to come back at any cost. If you do, anyone who sees you is allowed to - and will be ordered to - kill you on sight. Do you understand?"

Sparrow's legs were shaking harder than she had ever thought possible. "Y-yes," she croaked, tears threatening to start leaking out of her squinted eyes.

"Good." Judge Crow sounded content. "You have until the end of this week to be out of the Sky Kingdom."

That means I have to leave now, Sparrow realized. It takes six days to get to the edge of the Kingdom, and then I'll need an extra day if I get delayed.