Mother

How many times will this happen to me? Why me? What did I do to deserve this family?

I walked into my house. I didn't have a choice. Noah and his family weren't in town for today, they had to do something somewhere else.

I hate this house, I thought to myself. I really did, this house, this family, this fucking life. I hated it all. I wished it all would just end. I didn't realize that my mother was standing Infront of my bedroom door, blocking my way.

"Cody Anderson, we need to talk. Now!" She quite literally screamed at me. I had to cover my ears do dampen the sound. It didn't really work though. She's very loud. She dragged me into the living room, pulling my arm extremely hard.

She continued to scream and yell at me but I couldn't hear the majority of what she was saying due to the fact that my ears were ringing to the point where it blocked all the noise out. I didn't realise what was happening until I felt a sudden hit against my cheek. She slapped me. Apparently she asked me a question and I didn't answer. Next it was a punch, then another hit. Then another. Then another. She hit me in the eye a couple times. I tried to move back before she stomped on my leg and stood on it to keep me in place. I screamed out in pain but it's quite clear that nobody heard me.

She hit me over and over again until I felt like I was half dead. She eventually gave up and left me in the living room on the floor. Balling my eyes out. I couldn't even move. I had to crawl into my room. I was in pain. So. Much. Fucking. Pain. I quickly spotted my phone and grabbed it. I quickly messaged Noah before passing out.

Noah's POV

I counted the trees out the window as we were driving. I was in the car on my way home when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I grabbed it. I somehow knew that it was important before I read it.

I was absolutely mortified when I saw the message.

"I love you" I whispered to myself.

"Mum." I said

"Yes darling?" She replied

"Can we go to Cody's for a minute when we get back in town?"

"Why?"

"He sent me a message but something seems extremely wrong about it." My anxiety was off the charts at this point. I was terrified. Terrified for him.

"Of course sweetheart."

"What did he say?" Priya just had to jump in. I showed her.

"What's so weird about that?"

"He said it out of nowhere. Only people who are in trouble do."

"True. But stop fidgeting, you look like you're gonna piss yourself."

"Bitch-"

"Language, Noah." Mum said. I did deserve it but still.

When we got back into town, we dropped my siblings off at our house then went straight to Cody's.

I quite literally ran to his front door, his mother answered.

"Cody's in his room, I think." She said. Think?! Oh my god. I rushed over too his room and I'm glad I did. He was passed out on the ground, barely breathing, I'm pretty sure. I ran over to his side to make sure that he was actually breathing. Thank fuck he was. I called my mum (even though she was literally just outside). I told her to drive him to the hospital really quickly. But before I left I caught a glimpse of the page op-ed in his diary.

'I hate my mum. I probably shouldn't. She raised me, not very well but she still did. She quite literally makes me want to kill my self,' I wanted to stop reading right there but the next bit was worse, 'she is the reason that I hurt myself. I do like the fact that I genuinely have people that care about me but not having a mother's love hits hard.' That's where I stopped. I had to help him.