Renegade(2)

High altitudes and thin oxygen:just a few things Rozlin didn't miss about her Colorado beginnings.The fact she'd had to dodge bullets with cold snow?Shitty.

The airbase was no small affair;Aside from there being no way back up other that through,it was an abandoned airport with a landing strip that ran on more hopes and prayers than a church kid...how that Deimos managed to land here was nothing short of incredible..

————

Her head had begun pounding,hearing the ever-familiar snap meant a bullet was much closer to their person than she'd preferred.

It was hard enough to return fire in the cold,her scope had just about frosted over with the high speeds the zipline had fostered.

Moving up,she'd damn near lost her top moving towards the Viperstrike force,a mound of snow had collapsed beneath her, taking her helmet right off in the scramble to get to switch cover.

An image had captured her attention—just a moment as a gloved finger trailed the aged camera film, containing but a small figment of the ones gracing the confines of the image.

"Rangers Lead The Way,sine-pari(without equal)." A combination of SAS&SBS,Delta and the 75th that carried out Operation Fission...

It reigned her in,she'd deal with the asshole herself.

———————————————————————

Rainbow hadn't fared better,their gray and yellow gear hadn't made much of a difference—other than highlighting them with the contrast of the snowy hangars and runways.

Kilo-4-1 had made it a point for her shadows to remain far away from their allies' horrendous "Viperstrike Standard" getups,not that Kallisto would be getting that close anyhow.

The designated marksman would remain right where she was perched,unseen and vigilant.

From what the hooded woman pieced together,Eliza's informant—the man that was supposed to be meeting with this Deimos—had been ID'd by Shadow Company within the estate's courtyard,coming upon his days-old corpse still fresh in the biting snow near the lodging.

...Which in official terms,meant someone opted to cut their losses,or had something to gain with the absence of said man.

Her internal thoughts ceased,finally something had landed in the notches of her scope."...what do we have here.."

————————————————————————
HISS!

THUNK—

The wayward shadow cursed everytime a bullet struck near her position; if it weren't for Graves' false-hearted charisma,they could've solved a lot of problems before they became—shit like this! Big,pointless problems...And this would be almost Exhibit H now.

"What a time to be a fucking soldier" the ruined scope peeler off her rifle's with ease only a buildup of discontent could muster,she'd kneeled beneath her steel cover,digging in her assault pack for her Trijicon 5.5 X 50 ACOG.

They'd been at this for a while,basically at a standstill until either side could gain an edge...Meaning they would need to gain that edge,or they'd "lose" Deimos...

"Shadow-2,come in!" She'd have slammed her head into her palm if there wasn't a firefight going on,but it seemed there were other crucial matters at hand.

"Go ahead Shadow-5."

"Why do I—you don't hear that jet engine?!their trying to run!"

Roze blinked,then blinked again.