Chapter 10

As they drove down the street, [Name] was glued to the window in awe at all of the tall buildings and lights of Tokyo.
"It's impressive and yet a little overwhelming isn't it?" Japan said with a small smile as he saw her reaction.
The (h/c) girl said excitedly "Yep! I've always wanted to be here, it's so beautiful."
The ravenette turned a slight shade of pink because she was essentially calling him good-looking.

-

The pair eventually found parking somehow and headed inside the big shop.
[Name] was bouncing all over the place in excitement as soon as she stepped foot into the store, internally screaming because she was finally here! In the Nintendo shop, heck, even in Japan!
Japan walked behind her calmer but still happy to see [Name] enjoying herself.
[Name] was looking through various merchandise when she found a Link hat and Zelda headdress. She went over to where the nation was standing and showing him the hat asked "Can you pleeeeaaase put this on?"
He was taken aback slightly but sighed and agreed "Okay..."
The (h/c) girl laughed and handed Japan the hat, which he placed on his head. She slipped the crown on her head, took out her phone, and snapped a selfie with Japan.
"Cheese! Haha, that one's a keeper." she laughed and looked back at the ravenette who was taking the hat off and fixing his hair a little.
"You can be my Link and I can be your Zelda." she said grinning.
He blushed very slightly but recovered and smiled back "Yes, I am."

-

The duo walked back out to the car, loaded with merchandise from various stores around the area.
"Hey Japan, are you sure you don't want me to cover anything?"
He replied "It's fine, you are my guest after all."
She mumbled "I still feel bad though..."
He chuckled and said "Well there is one thing you can do for me."
"Hm?"
"You could join me for the summer festival tonight." he smiled warmly.
[Name] turned pink and stuttered "W-well, if you insist I'll go..."
The island nation bowed his head and said "Dōmo arigatōgozaimashita."

-

[Name] and Japan walked into a different shop. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, why are we here? I thought you didn't need anything."
Japan laughed quietly and said "Oh, I am not here for me. We're getting a yukata for you."
She nodded and bowed her head "Thank you for doing this."
He chuckled and replied "Ah, it's nothing."
[Name] sorted through all the different yukatas until she found the perfect one.
When she got back to the car where Japan was waiting, she hid the garment inside a box. "It's a surprise." she teased.

-

"Do you think I look okay?" the (h/c) fretted, turning around in front of the full body mirror. It was evening now, almost time for the festival.
"You look amazing, believe me there is no comparing you to any other girl out there." Taiwan comforted. The Taiwanese nation was visiting to see the girl that everyone was raving about. They became fast friends.
[Name] sighed "I just... feel so inferior to all of you perfect nations. I'm only human."
Taiwan walked over and have her a quick hug "Honestly, you're absolutely beautiful. He is going to turn fifty shades of red when he sees you."
[Name] blushed red while the dark haired nation laughed and patted her back. "You go get 'em!"
The (h/c) girl smiled and thanked her then called out "I'm ready!" before walking down the stairs.
When Japan turned that corner, you could see his heart pounding out of his chest. She was stunning against the sunset reflecting off of her (s/c) skin and her shimmering (h/c) hair in a beautiful bun with hair around it like a flower and some strands loose, framing her face. There were minuscule (f/c) butterfly pins with pearls on top of the bun which matched her yukata. [Name] picked a (f/c) yukata that just complimented everything about her.
Japan turned very dark red and silently thanked jeebus that it was just dark enough to hide his blush.
Taiwan however, managed to catch it from the top of the steps and cheered to herself because her plan worked. "Muahahaha I am the best match maker ever! High five, me!"

The ravenette coughed a little and opened his paper door while gesturing for [Name] to walk out. She gave him a smile as she passed him, into the fresh air outside.
Since the festivities were close by, the pair walked out side by side to the festival.

-

Some time had passed since they got there and now it was now nighttime, almost in time for the fireworks to start.
[Name] was sitting on the grassy hill underneath a tree with Japan as they settled to watch the show.
There were lanterns floating amidst the air, creating the perfect romantic glow.
The nation cleared his throat a little to get the (h/c)'a attention and spoke
"I just wanted to say before we go, you are absolutely beautiful."
[Name] got very flustered and tried to form a sentence "W-well I just-"
Japan smiled and put his hand over hers (which was very very rare) and said "You don't have to thank me for you."
She was blushing like mad but smiled sweetly, her face glowing beautifully in the moonlight, clasping his hand in hers. There was a loud boom which startled both of them, as dazzling colors lit the sky among the lanterns floating gently. [Name] laughed and grinned while Japan smiled softly as the pair sat next to each other enjoying the fireworks with their hands overlapping on the green grass.

-

Before [Name] left into her room she turned to face the Japanese nation and said "Thank you so much for everything tonight." before pecking his cheek and closing the door softly.
Japan froze in his spot before melting into a blush and a smile while he bid her goodnight before leaving to his own room.
-----------------------------
HI
HOW'S IT GOING
THIS IS LATE
WHAT'S NEW
lmao I feel bad for putting this out late, but writing is freaking hard man. You think you write a page but it's really just like a paragraph. ¯\_()_/¯
Oh and did I mention fluff alert.
I'm sorry for making Japan sorta OOC but c'mon if he was in total character the entire time it would go nowhere.
ALSO LONG CHAPPIE YAAAAAY (/_)/ *.
well not really but longer than most.
WELL I'LL BE GOING ON VACATION SOON SO DON'T EXPECT A TON OF WRITING EVEN THOUGH I'LL TRY TO
Also, thank you so so so much for 24k+ reads and almost 800 votes!!!
and 100 followers you guys are the best, I could never do it without you.
Thank you again and see you next chapter.