Chapter Twenty-Five

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

The next day, in the study, Christy is looking through some books on the bookshelves.

{Christy's Outfit}

Mathias slowly walks inside the study. He and Christy exchange glances at each other.

"Hey, Christy." Mathias greeted her.

"Hey, Mathias." Christy greeted him back.

"What are you up to?" Mathias asked, pouring himself a bourbon, and sits down at the bar counter.

"Looking for a book containing some information." Christy said to Mathias, and gently pulls out a book. "I think I have it."

Christy slowly walks over to the sofa and sits down. She opens the book and flips through the pages.

"Find the information that you're looking for?" Mathias asked her.

"I have. Thanks to the Elder God of Knowledge, Tithonus." Christy replied.

"Okay. I'm taking Freya and Nikole to the café." Mathias said.

"Okay. Say hi to Freya and Nikole for me." Christy said.

"Sure will." Mathias said, drinking his bourbon in one gulp, and walks out of the study.

⚜️⚜️

Minutes after, Christy is sitting on the sofa, looking at a page containing information about the ancient Emperor Junius.

Klaus slowly walks inside. "Reading more about ancient Emperor Junius?"

"Yeah." Christy told him. "Where's Luna and Trinity?"

"With Hagarth at his hut house." Klaus told her, and sits at the bar counter. "I must say our daughters loves visiting Mount Orasani."

Christy chuckles to herself. "Yeah, they do. Very much."

Klaus gently takes the decanter of bourbon and pours himself some bourbon in a small drinking glass.

Suddenly, Christy senses something off as she gently sets down the book on the coffee table.

She gets up and slowly walks up to the window curtains.

"Chris?" Klaus said to his wife with a concern in his British accent. He gets up and slowly walks up beside her. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"Something's wrong." Christy said, worriedly.

Klaus and Christy exchange worried looks at each other.

Christy's phone buzzes in her jeans pocket and looks at it.