Seeing Red

Krow is running.

Well, that's if you could even call it running. It was more stumbling forward on legs that were just a little bit too shaky due to blood loss. It didn't exactly help that its missing arm was throwing it off balance. A dull pounding in its brain was quickly turning into a throbbing headache, and walking was quickly becoming a chore. Thinking was becoming an even bigger pain, as its thoughts were completely overwhelmed by a buzzing static and the voices. The stupid voices screeching in excitement. The stench of blood and flesh not its own hung in the air; probably a long dead Apo if it had to guess.

Between everything hurting too much and everything being too loud, It wanted to scream. So it did. It didn't really do anything except remind it that it was still alive to be screaming, that it had clawed it's way out of death's cold grasp with one arm and an ample amount of spite.

It wasn't supposed to be alive according to Owen. Screw Owen. It couldn't wait to get back to the clearing so it could scream in his face and slit his throat. So that it could taunt him, tell him that his little evil plan had failed. So that it could pull off the veil Owen wore for the rest of the clearing members and reveal the murderer behind it.

They would have to trust it. They would have to believe it. And if they didn't? Who cares? Screw trust. It would get its revenge no matter what. It would get out of this hellish death trap known as the maze, no matter what. Then Owen wouldn't matter. That would be the greatest revenge of all. Owen would be forgotten, and any stain that he had ever made on history would be wiped away. Good as new.

There's a passionate fire swirling around in its gut. Determination. Anger. Hot-blooded rage and deep-rooted hatred.

If Owen wants to prepare for war in peace...

Then it will give him war.

________________________________________________________________________________

Back in the second Nourk, people are growing all the more confused. It's as if the strange, relatively new arrival has just disappeared...

Olive is panicking about the paperwork that a missing person report would entail.

Mabel is curious as to why Krow hasn't stopped by recently.

Freda just wants her dad back.

________________________________________________________________________________

"What the [redacted]? LAV WHAT THE [redacted]?!" Krow scrambles for the nearest wall, its arm screaming in resistance. Though the bleeding had mostly stopped, the pain hadn't completely disappeared. As Krow sits up Lav falls off of its shoulder with an "oof"

The sock man is just sitting there, crosslegged in a corner with a beer bottle in his lap, reeking of moss, blood, and alcohol. A peculiar combination that makes Krow wrinkle its nose.

"WHO THE [redacted] ARE YOU?! LAV, WHO IS THIS?"

"I don't know" Lav, who for whatever reason is a fox now, says while doing whatever the fox version of a shrug is.

"Then, why are they here?" Krow asks with a pained groan while slumping back against the wall.

"I'm Red by the way" He takes a swig of his drink mid-sentence. "Found you bleeding out and dragged you into a hole." The sock man explains. Either he just doesn't care, or he's too inebriated to realize how wrong that sentence sounds.

"He could also understand me." Lav whisper-shouts into Krow's ear in an attempt to be inconspicuous. Of course, everyone in the room could hear him anyway, but it's the thought that counts.