Friendly Faces And Suspicious Behavior

Chapter Text
Krow falls asleep writing and immediately regrets it the next morning when it has to peel itself out of bed. The notebook it fell asleep on sticks to its face for a few seconds before landing with a soft "thump" on the pillow.

It looks around the room it's in with not even a flash of recognition. The bed is half red and half black; everything in the room is. A small bead of sweat runs down its face as it starts to panic. How did I get here?

Then, as the early morning drowsiness wears off and the fog clears, it remembers. The portal. The monster. The clearing. The memories of the past day or to come back rushing and aggressive.

It sighs, exasperated, into the bedsheets before rolling over and staring at the spruce wood ceiling. Everything is just aching enough to be annoying, and Krow almost just wants to stay in bed until this all blows over. But this isn't just going to go away Krow. You have questions; get up and get answers.

It reluctantly rolls out of bed and onto the floor. It shakes off the sleepiness and stands up, scanning the room for a bat, a spider, or a...snake. Apparently, Lav has decided to be a snake today. He's coiled up in the corner and starts slithering towards Krow once he realizes it's awake.

"Lav. Why?" Krow smiles and shakes its head. "Why have we decided to be a snake?"

"Why not.."

Krow sighs, "Why did I actually expect an answer"

"That is an answer though"

"It's not a very good one."

Lav bites at Krow's shoes in annoyance.

"OK, fine! Why not be a snake!"

"Good" Lav slithers up Krow's leg and into its coat pocket to make himself comfortable.

Krow slowly opens the door to leave, peeking at the outside world. The sun is still rising, barely visible, and peeking out from behind the walls.

"I finally didn't wake up in the middle of the night!" Krow exclaims incredulously. It steps out into the sun and almost immediately slams into an unexpecting Magic, who falls to the ground in the collision.

"F***! You scared the s*** out of me!" Krow stumbles back, dramatically clutching its heart. Lav stirs in Krow's pocket, suddenly very uncomfortable, he lets out a hiss of frustration.

" Can I bite her?"

"What! Lav no! You can't just-"

"Who are you talking to?" Magic questions as she gets up and brushes some dirt off her knees.

"No one!" Comes Krow's slightly panicky response. "It's fine! Are you ok?"

"Fine. I just came by to check on you. I and Ayngel thought it would be cool to have some sort of clearing two meetings!! Y'know like we used to!" Magic quickly realizes the mistake in her choice of words. "Well you don't remember those meetings probably... does it even remember clearing two? But still come, alright?

"Sure I'll do that," Krow reaches for its notebook to write the event down, before realizing that it left the book on its bed. "I swing by when I'm not busy"

"You're not busy now." Lav points out.

"Lav, shhh" Krow tries to keep its voice low so that Magic doesn't hear, but she hears anyways.

"What's a Lav?"

"What's a clearing Two?" If Magic notices the sudden change in topic, she doesn't point it out, most likely out of courtesy.

"Oh, we all... Me, you, Ayngel, Bek, and Soup, we all came to this clearing from another clearing, that was not this one! For reasons..." Magic pauses for a second; eyes glued to the ground as if recalling something sad or disappointing. Then, that moment is gone as soon as it came. "So, yeah! I'll probably take you there sometime!"