Dog Days

Starr Headquarters, Thursday, 9am.

[Loud shuffling. Someone yelling orders, Keyboard clicking]

"Aish, you see that right? Zoom in on that."

[Zoom and enhancing sounds]

"What is that...purple dino thing?"

"Barney lookin'..."

"You think it's a prototype? Something from R&D?"

"I checked with the research department, not one of theirs. "

[computer mouse clicking]

"Whatever it is, it's connected to the new Krow."

"Which means...?"

"We do a bit of research, then we get rid of it. Neither of them can leave HQ, even if they do escape legit. "

"Speaking of new Krow, what exactly is it?"

"Heck if I know."

"You chipped it right? What does the database say?"

"That's the thing. It says nothing. No species, no age, not even a last name! Just Krow."

"Have you looked through any of the memories?"

"All of them. There's nothing useful. Memories of a town, but if you try and go back any further, there's nothing."

"The neurologists are gonna have a fun time with this mystery"

"I just want this whole thing to be done with. They might have a ball, but I'M not having a fun time with this mystery- It's just a ton of extra work!"

"Can we speed up this process? Bring the lava up a little quicker? I got clearance from the boss"

"Sure, why not. Might as well end this season before even more things go wrong."

---

Y'know how it was mentioned that it may or may not be getting hotter?

It was one-hundred percent slowly getting hotter. Noticeably hotter. It was hot enough now that Ayngel's area by the waterfall was uncomfortably humid and the bugs that thrived there were becoming an actual problem.

Hot enough that most people opted to stay inside during the day, before realizing that being inside didn't make it better. If anything it made the heat worse.

Owen nearly considered cutting his hair, which had grown out throughout his time in the maze.

Spidey was slowly but surely being pushed out of her house's basement, where stifling heat had accumulated.

Bek was ditching her velvety purple cloak more and more often.

Soup spent any free time she had between tasks trying to create a potion of cooling.

Acho and Kyle started opting to take off their sweaters and hoodies and tie them around their waists instead.

It was inexplicable, and unbearable for Krow specifically. It refused to take Freda's jacket off for anything short of someone murdering it and prying it off its back.

Lav spent less and less time shapeshifted and things with fur and more time as cold-blooded creatures to at least make the most of the steadily rising temperatures. Specifically lizards for some reason. Lizards of every shape, size, and variety.

Draxy, who is used to living in the kind of cold that gives rise to ice spikes doesn't know what to do with the temperature shift. Krow goes around introducing the child to everyone, with reactions on a spectrum ranging from "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING?" to "OH MY GOSH HE'S SO CUTE THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE."