The Clearing 2

Krow doesn't get an answer; not a real one anyway. All Soup does is mumble something about a stinger and not knowing enough to explain it well. Kyle mentions that this guy, apparently called Owen, got poisoned one time; but that's about it, and Krow ends up with more questions than it has answers. It makes a mental note to go visit this Owen dude at some point to find out more. If Kyle's description is correct, he shouldn't be too hard to find. Brunette and brown-eyed with a green shirt. It knows it probably won't remember that so it makes eye contact with a certain shapeshifter who is nestled in the rafters and whispers a nearly inaudible "remember that" into the air, hoping that Lav will remember it for him.

After Krows shoulder gets fixed up, Soup turns her attention to the jacket. Kyle lays the garment out of a crate to inspect the damage. They just sort of stare at it for a moment. At that moment Krow realizes that it feels extremely cold without Freda's jacket, even though this place is considerably warmer than Nourk. It hadn't realized how much it had gotten used to having the jacket on its shoulders until now. Then again there are many things that Krow doesn't realize at this point.

"I can fix it for you." Soup offers. "I mean I'll try at least. I don't think I'm bad at sewing; I did these kneepads! Look!" She says excitedly pointing at the sewn leather wrapped around her knees.

"And I can help you get the wool and stuff," Kyle suggests to Soup. " I know you're busy"

Krow hesitates for a long moment. It doesn't really know these people, or maybe it did in the past and just forgot? It's not really sure. Sure, there's no reason not to trust them, but there's something about this world that it just doesn't trust. Plus, this is Freda's dead father's jacket, gifted to it by the first Freda; the best Freda in its opinion. The jacket is more than a jacket at this point, it's a reminder of one of its best friends. A friend that it will likely never see again...

"No" It comes off a little harsher than it means to and quickly backtracks, "I mean, thanks for the offer, obviously, but this jacket is very important to me."

Kyle quirks a confused eyebrow at that but doesn't pry any further.

Krow takes the bloodied jacket of the crate and puts it back on its shoulders, instantly feeling a lot better, and making a mental note to repair it later with its limited skills. But that's for later. Right now it needs to discreetly get Lav away from the potions that he is not so discreetly taking sips of.

The three of them talk for another hour or two. It's essentially given a clearing history recap. Soup starts it off, talking about clearing two, and a lever, and spending two months in a cave. About how it and Kyle didn't really get along, about other members of the clearing, including the one currently unconscious in Soup's basement.

Krow doesn't like it. It listens but feels like it's intruding on something it shouldn't. Hearing stories about someone that is apparently itself but feels like a completely different person is a strange experience, to say the least. It just feels wrong. The premise of it losing its memory of this place makes complete sense it feels incorrect. Krow can't quite place its finger on why...

Krow leaves with directions to a house that was apparently its before, and an alarming amount of questions that it will have to get answers to later. About ten new things get added to the to-do list; Lav reads the new additions over its shoulder. Walking and writing is an impressive feat but requires a bit too much focus for Krow's liking, so it quickly finds a bench; one that it passed the way to Soup's house, and sits down to write down everything it just learned before it slips its mind.

"I took some," Lav says all of the sudden.

"Took what?" Krow question, still half focused on writing.