The Clearing

It had been shaping up to be a good day for Kyle. No lingering nightmares of the dark maze. No memories from a past he couldn't remember; a past he didn't want to remember really.

The sun was shining, albeit all little warmer than usual. It was strangely peaceful...a little too peaceful for comfort, but nevertheless Kyle got comfortable. He probably shouldn't have but, can you blame him?

Even more peculiar than the unusual peace was the lack; the lack of everything really. The lack of people wandering about to say hi to. The lack of panic, worry, or strife. The lack of Bek plucking fruit from the trees hoping that in some way she could make amends. The lack of Acho, who had probably just gone to see Greacie earlier than usual. The lack of Owen wasn't as much of a surprise considering he had essentially given up on the clearing.

The lack of throwing knives as Kyle made his way towards the clearing's archery range was a bit more surprising though, as was the fact that Krow wasn't there. It was always there; if only to linger, and torment him a bit before they both went on with their days and avoided each other like the plague

Kyle was a bit perplexed as he neared the red and white targets; covered in holes and tears from avid use. Slightly nervous for a reason he can't quite place. He reluctantly lets his eyes flicker a bit to the left, towards the all too familiar maze entrance.

He has to do a triple take to make sure he sees what he is seeing.

It was Krow no doubt. But last time he had checked, Krow didn't have a fur-lined winter coat. The last time he checked, Krow wasn't in the maze. Yet here it was coming out of the doors, looking around the clearing in awe, or confusion; definitely one of the two. It's turned in almost a full circle when Its gaze lands on him.

It doesn't scowl or flinch, or scoff, or anything of the sort. It just simply stares at Kyle, its face contorted in confusion; maybe even a bit of surprise. But no matter how hard Kyle looks, he can see no anger.

No anger? From Krow?! It's unnerving to say the very least, and Kyle is incredibly wary as he stares back.

"Krow?"
________________________________________________________________________________

Krow visibly tenses at the mention of its name.

"How do YOU know my name!?"

The whole "people knowing Krow's name except It doesn't know them" thing is becoming a trend fast. First with Red, now with whoever this person is? Once is a coincidence, now it's getting kind of scary. Krow looks said person up and down, taking note of the tears in his dark grey hoodie and how the sections of white shirt that stick out from underneath are stained slightly pink.

Lav, sticking close to the maze wall, flies around Krow to land on the highest target of the archery range, perfectly poised to eavesdrop, despite Krow's requests to stay hidden.

"What do mean?"Kyle raises an eyebrow; wariness fading as his interest piques.

"I mean that I've never met a...."

"Kyle. I'm Kyle"

"I've never met a Kyle, yet somehow you know my name? Somehow everyone in the universe knows me..." Krow mutters the last part under its breath.

Kyle is getting hit with a strange wave of Deja Vu, because didn't this exact same thing happen to Ayngel- not even a month ago? New outfit, no memories and all? At least he's assuming that it has some kind of memory loss.

He hates to admit that he's kind of excited. This is a clean slate. A second chance for Kyle. A chance to prove that he's changed since the "prison incident." Now that all of their previous history is "ctrl+alt+deleted" he can stop being bitter and guilty and just start over finally. And all it took was Krow's memory supposedly getting erased.