025

LOADING...

bladie

HAAH

OUR SCHOLASTIC IS BOMB

SUCK IT

bro

its a tie now actually

🤓

wHatever

me vs you now

😈😈

moment we've all been waiting for

im gonna beat your ass bro

🤑🤑

EW Y/N

HORNY BITCH

SORRY

I HAD TO

😭😭

omg i almost forgot to take ur hoodie off

that would've been awkward asfff

that's embarrassing

BRO UR SO SHORT

COMPARED TO DAN HENG AND HIMEKO

SHUT UP

I ALMOST TRIPPED BC I WAS TALKING TO U

ASSHOLE

im like the tallest in acadec

suck it up y/n

fuck you 😀😀

uh oh phones away

best of luck, and

ig the next time we message itll be winner and loser

we know how itll come out

😵😵

me on top

whatever youd like to think

...

...

good luck y/n

good luck bladie <3

——

"welcome to the 2023 academic decathlon finals! today is the last competition for high school groups unless chosen to compete at nationals. lets welcome our honor groups!" the mc chanted school names into the mic, followed by rounds of applause.

i glanced over at SHA, standing closest to us. blade looked over, making eye contact with me. i winked playfully, turning back to the mc.

"the theme for the honors group this year, is mathematics. good luck to everyone, and may the best school win."

(bear with me here, im not in acadec so im gonna make stuff up)

the first part was the writing portion, which was easy. dan heng, himeko and i had easily memorized our formulas, making the section go by like a breeze.

"whats the formula for-" himeko started, mumbling as her hand shook.

"4/3 pi radius cubed." i say quickly, helping her steady her hand as she wrote. i looked over at SHA, where blade sat, concentrated on the sheet of paper. "and this one i calculated already, its 6.9247 meters squares. oh, and this one is f(x) = 2.83x^2 - 8.007x + 67.222."

dan heng nodded, pointing to the problems for himeko to write the solutions i rambled off. "y/n, the back page is quadratic inequalities, i can handle it. could you go over the stats section with himeko?"

"got it." i flipped through the pages before landing on the three questions. "uhm... wait a sec, i did this in middle school! look, its combination.. pascal's triangle. try 19 choose 14"

himeko typed away in the calculator. "11628." i nodded my head quickly.

"that sounds correct. and.. there, done. dan heng, we finished!" dan heng passed over the sheets of paper, organizing them before i took them up to the front.

blade too rushed up. i walked as fast as i could, and beat him by a millisecond. we stared each other down, our expressions stern as the judge accounted for our papers. people whispered around, but all i focused on was blades eyes.

"fuck you l/n." he said mockingly, urging me to pretend. i smiled before crossing my arms.

"fuck you too, blade."

"and ladies and gentlemen, the first two schools done, advancing to the second round, stellaron hunter academy, and astral express high!!" cheers erupted from both sides as i looked over at blade menacingly.

"may the best person win." i held out my hand for him. he took it, shaking it firmly, though not without rubbing his thumb gently where no one could see.

"our final event will be the speed calculations. schools, please send either your president, or another competitor up to the stands!"

i looked over at welt, then back at blade. "we should go, i guess."

"maybe." he smiled, as we turned away from the crowd. 

"good luck, y/n."

"good luck, asshole."

"i hate you."

"i hate you too."

a/n: bro if u think this is tense just wait