050

LOADING...

summer break lasted shorter than id expected. my bags were packed and my dad was driving me to school. it was only half an hour away from AEHS, but after getting a full ride to my dream college, herta uni, i decided to take the dorm perks.

"i know you'll do great things y/n." my dad said, as we parked in the front of the school. i only had a couple boxes of stuff, so he helped with those.

"thanks dad. ill miss you lots." that wasnt a lie. while both my parents were strict, my dad was far more lenient than my mom. it didnt stop me from loving both equally though.

i unlocked my door, only to meet myself with a girl just barely taller than me, with bright pink dyed hair. she looked over at the sound of the door opening and smiled.

"you must be y/n." she held out her hand with a smile. "im fu xuan, its nice to meet you. im a sophomore by the way."

"fu xuan." i repeated, shaking her hand as my dad brought my boxes to the room. "its really nice to meet you!"

"you certainly arrived here early." she chuckled. "classes start tomorrow."

i smiled bashfully. "actually, im a music minor, and we have chair auditions for the full orchestra today."

"ooh, sounds fun!" fu xuan brought me around the dorm while we conversed. "what do you play?"

"im an oboist! i actually just recently picked it back up after.. ten years maybe?"

"interesting! i dont think we've really had an oboe since one of the seniors left. im sure you'll do great. good luck!"

"thanks fu xuan! and, may i ask what your major is?"

"oh forgive me!" she sighed, grabbing a can of soda from the fridge. "im a psych major. always been interested in the mind. what about you?"

"biochem." i chuckled. "its weird, chem wasnt really my strong suit. i went to acadec nationals this past year, and that was the theme."

"funny how things turn out sometimes." she laughed. my dad called me to the room and i excused myself.

"i set up your new bed, and theres a built in closet if you're able to fit everything. if not, i can bring over the dresser next weekend." i thanked my dad, and we both stood silently.

"this is it dad." i sighed, walking out with him. he turned to me and hugged me.

"ill miss you y/n, your mother and i love you very much."

"ill miss you too dad, and ill see you guys soon okay..?" i stopped the tears from flooding out and kissed my dads cheek. "goodbye."

"bye now y/n." i watched him walk to the car and went back inside. fu xuan came over and pat my back affectionately.

"its hard i know." she said quietly. "but you'll be fine now, okay?" i smiled at her words. "what times your audition."

i took a look at my watch. "in a bit. i should grab my stuff and head over."

"auditorium isnt that far from here, if you walk out and right, its near the quad." i got up, cleaned myself up a bit and grabbed my oboe.

"thanks, ill see you after."

"yeah for sure! lets go get dinner after, sound good?" i nodded, grinning at my new friend.

"sounds great. see you!" and off i went.

fu xuan was right, the auditorium was only a three minute walk from the dorms. i entered in and found myself in a line of musicians. it was as expected — not only was this an ivy league school, it had an excellent music program.

what wasnt expected, however, was the face i saw when the person in front of me turned around. my eyes widened and my breath quickened as i came across..

"y/n?" blade, holding his cello case, was just as surprised as i was.

"bladie!" i said, voice shaking. after five months, we had finally reunited. 

a/n: season one comes to an end!! college life starts now <3