049

LOADING...

it was the day of graduation. it was a happy day, yet i couldnt help but feel terrible. i hadnt talked to blade in a month. throughout ap testing, college acceptances, and a shit ton of awkwardness, i felt like there was no time.

after my speech as valedictorian, i stood in the crowd while the principal gave more words about our class. himeko stood next to me in her cap and gown, holding my hand tightly. we both waved at dan heng in the crowd, who had already been voted next years acadec president.

"congratulations, class of 2023!!" with that, our entire year of students threw our caps in the air, screaming in happiness. i hugged himeko, tears flooding down my face.

i pushed through the crowd and found dan heng. he seemed surprise at my appearance, and even more surprised when i pulled him down to my height, embracing him tightly.

"y/n.." he said, his voice still monotone, but with a slight waver. i pat his back and cried into his shoulder.

"kick ass next year okay? and ill come visit. and be nice to the freshman! dont haze them like i did to herta." i sobbed, shaking his shoulders. he nodded and let go.

"ill see you around y/n." after i left dan heng, i found the one and only, mr welt. my lip quivered before i threw myself into his arms. and for once, for the first time, he let me.

"mr welt!" my tears couldnt seem to stop as i hugged him.

"its just welt now y/n." he chuckled, rubbing my back soothingly. "i want you to listen to me, okay?"

"anything, w-welt." i gulped, preparing myself for his words.

"you're officially an adult now, mhm? that means, no matter what anyone says y/n, you're free to be who you are. so what if your parents made you take honors, aps, extra math classes, acadec? you be who you want to be. you're an incredible oboist, and one of the smartest girls ive ever had the chance to teach. you're talented, sweet, funny, and i wish we had more time together. but now, you get to live, as an adult. never forget how proud of you i am. even at your lowest times, even if you feel like you dont have your parents support, i will always be here. feel free to visit whenever, ill open you with welcome arms, okay?"

if i was crying before, it was nothing compared to the waterfall of tears that poured out of my eyes. i hugged welt, not wanting to let go.

"ill see you soon y/n." he pulled himself away.

"w-wait.. welt!" i tugged him. he turned back.

"hm?" i bit my lip, wanting to hold back what i wanted to say. but—

"i love you!" i shouted, blushing profusely. welt broke out in laughter. he hugged me once more, pulling away after a couple second.

"i know, y/n, i know."

a/n: one season one finale coming up !!!