CHAPTER 43:-

She nods, her lips pressed together in the iconic Rosenna Kavanagh scowl.

"It was brief. Last year, I think. She's a social climber. No wonder she has her sights set on Jungkook."

"Jungkook is taken. I told her to leave him alone or I would fire her."

Rose gapes at me once more, stunned. I nod proudly, and she lifts her glass to salute me, impressed and beaming.

"Mrs. Lalisa Jeon! Way to go!" We clink.

"Does Jimin own a gun?"

"No. He's very antigun." Rose stirs her third drink.

"Jungkook, too. I think it was Scarllet and Chris's influence," I mutter. I'm feeling a little tipsy.

"Chris's a good man." Rose nods.

"He wanted a prenup," I mutter sadly.

"Oh, Lisa." She reaches across and grasps my arm. "He was only looking out for his boy. As we both know, you have gold-digger tattooed on your forehead." She smiles at me, and I poke my tongue out at her then giggle.

"Mature, Mrs. Jeon," she says grinning. She sounds like Jungkook.

"You'll do the same for your son one day."

"My son?" I gape at her. It hadn't even crossed my mind that my kids will be rich. Holy crap. They'll want for nothing. I mean . . . nothing. This needs further thought - but not right now. I glance at Prescott and Sawyer seated nearby, watching us and the evening crowd from a side table while they each nurse a glass of sparkling mineral water.

"Do you think we should eat?" I ask.

"No. We should drink," Rose says.

"Why are you in such a drinking mood?"

"Because I don't see enough of you anymore. I didn't know you'd up and marry the first guy who turned your head." She pouts again.

"Honestly, you married with such indecent haste that I thought you were pregnant."

I giggle. "Everyone thought I was pregnant," I mutter. "Let's not rehash that conversation again. Please! And I have to use the restroom."

Prescott accompanies me. She says nothing. She doesn't have to. Disapproval radiates off her like a lethal isotope.

"I haven't been out on my own since I got married," I mutter wordlessly at the closed toilet door. I make a face, knowing that she's standing on the other side of the door, waiting while I pee. What precisely is Hyde going to do in a bar anyway? Jungkook is just overreacting as usual.

"Rose, it's late. We should go."

It's ten fifteen and I have downed my fourth strawberry mojito. I am definitely feeling the effects of the alcohol, warm and fuzzy. Jungkook will be fine. Eventually.

"Sure, Lisa. It's been so good to see you. You just seem so much more, I don't know . . . confident. Marriage obviously agrees with you."

My face warms. Coming from Miss Rosenna Kavanagh, this is indeed a compliment.

"It does," I whisper, and because I've probably had too much to drink, tears prick the back of my eyes. Could I be any happier? In spite of all his baggage, his nature, his Fiftyness, I have met and married the man of my dreams. I quickly change the subject to stem my sentimental thoughts, because I know I will cry otherwise.

"I have really enjoyed this evening." I grasp Rose's hand. "Thank you for dragging me out!" We hug. As she releases me, I nod at Sawyer and he hands Prescott the keys to the car.