CHAPTER 48:

From: Jungkook Jeon

Subject: Your flight

Date: August 26, 2011 13:32

To: Lalisa Jeon

Curiosity killed the cat.

Jungkook Jeon

CEO, Jeon Enterprises Holdings Inc.

From: Lalisa Jeon

Subject: Huh?

Date: August 26, 2011 13:35

To: Jungkook Jeon

What is that oblique reference to? Another threat? You know where I am going with this, don't you?

Did you decide to return because I went out for a drink with my friend after you asked me not to, or did you return because a madman was in your apartment?

Lalisa Jeon

Commissioning Editor, SIP

I stare at my screen. There's no response. I glance at the clock on my computer. One forty-five and still no response.

From: Lalisa Jeon

Subject: Here's the thing . . .

Date: August 26, 2011 13:56

To: Jungkook Jeon

I will take your silence as an admission that you did indeed return to Seattle because I CHANGED MY MIND. I am an adult female and went for a drink with my friend. I did not understand the security ramifications of CHANGING MY MIND because YOU NEVER TELL ME ANYTHING. I found out from Rosee that security has, in fact, been stepped up for all the Jeons, not just us. I think you generally overreact where my safety is concerned, and I understand why, but you're like the boy crying wolf. I never have a clue about what is a real concern or merely something that is perceived as a concern by you. I had two of the security detail with me. I thought both Rose and I would be safe. Fact is, we were safer in that bar than at the apartment. Had I been FULLY INFORMED of the situation, I would have taken a different course of action.

I understand your concerns are something to do with material that was on Jack's computer here - or so Rose believes. Do you know how annoying it is to find out my best friend knows more about what's going on with you than I do? And I am your WIFE. So are you going to tell me? Or will you continue to treat me like a child, guaranteeing that I continue to behave like one?

You are not the only one who is fucking pissed. Okay?

Lisa

Lalisa Jeon

Commissioning Editor, SIP

I hit send. There - stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Jeon. I take a deep breath. I have worked myself up into quite a rage. Here was I feeling sorry and guilty for behaving badly. Well, no longer.

From: Jungkook Jeon

Subject: Here's the thing . . .

Date: August 26, 2011 13:59

To: Lalisa Jeon

As ever, Mrs. Jeon, you are forthright and challenging in e-mail. Perhaps we can discuss this when you get home to OUR apartment.

You should watch your language. I am still fucking pissed, too. 

Jungkook Jeon

CEO, Jeon Enterprises Holdings Inc.