76

From: Jeon Jungkook

Subject: Banishing Monday Blue

Mrs. Grey

What gratifying words to hear from one's wife (errant or not) on a Monday morning.

Let me assure you that I feel exactly the same way. Sorry about the dinner this evening. I hope it won't be too tedious for you.

x

Oh yes. The American Shipbuilding Association dinner. I roll my eyes . . . more stuffed shirts. Jungkook really does take me to the most fascinating functions.

From: Lalisa Jeon

Subject: Ships that pass in the night

Dear Mr. Jeon

I am sure you can think of a way to spice up the dinner . . . Yours in anticipation

Mrs. J. 

x

From: Jeon Jungkook

Subject: Variety is the Spice of Life

Mrs. Jeon

I have a few ideas . . .

x

All the muscles in my belly clench. Hmm . . . I wonder what he'll dream up. Hanna knocks on the door, interrupting my reverie.

"Ready to go through your schedule for this week, Lisa?"

"Sure. Sit." I smile, recovering my equilibrium, and minimize my email program. "I've had to move a couple of appointments. Mr. Fox next week and Dr. - "

My phone rings, interrupting her. It's Roach. He asks me up to his office.

"Can we pick this up in twenty minutes?"

"Of course."

From: Jeon Jungkook

Subject: Last night

Was . . . fun.

Who would have thought the ASA annual dinner could be so stimulating?

As ever, you never disappoint, Mrs. Jeon.

I love you.

x

From: Lalisa Jeon

Subject: I love a good ball game . . .

Dear Mr. Jeon

I have missed the silver balls.

You never disappoint.

That is all.

Mrs. J.

x

Hannah taps on my door, interrupting my erotic thoughts of the previous evening. Jungkook's hands . . . his mouth.

"Come in."

"Lisa, Mr. Roach's PA just called. He'd like you to attend a meeting this morning. It means I have to move some of your appointments again. Is that okay."

His tongue.

"Sure. Yes," I mutter trying to halt my wayward thoughts. She grins and ducks out of my office . . . leaving me with my delicious memory of last night.

From: Jeon Jungkook

Subject: Hyde

Lalisa

For your information, Hyde has been refused bail and remanded in custody. He's charged with attempted kidnap and arson. As yet no date has been set for the trial.