Detroit: Smooth Criminal

(Y/N), a young detective with a snarky behavior, and her partner, Jay, with a broken sense of humor and always finding the humor in everything. Originally on homicide, they are put on android cases to assist Lieutenant Anderson and a state-of-the-art prototype android in catching and understanding deviants.Unfortunately for (Y/N), she falls head-over-heels for the android. He is unable to understand such complex emotions, however, to be able to reciprocate her feelings. She has to struggle with her personal struggles while also working alongside the RK800.In the end, however, he will never be able to fall in love, especially with a human...MISSION: push Jason down the stairs to see if there's danger

one

I panted as I ran as fast as I could. We ran down the sidewalks, pedestrians jumping out of the way to prevent getting trampled on. I turned down an alleyway to cut off the runner. I may not have been the fastest officer on the case, but I knew this part of the city well.

I made it to the other side of the alleyway in the matter of seconds and turned to face the oncoming criminal as he made his way to me. "Stop!" I commanded, reaching to pull out my gun.

The man ignores me and rams himself right into me, knocking me off of my feet. Jay took this opportunity to pounce onto the back of the man, pushing him down to the sidewalk.

"Get off of me, you bitch!" He screamed out.

"No!" She said. A teasing grin found itself on her lips. "Ask politely and I may reconsider." I smiled at her teasing as I got back up on my feet.

I grabbed the cuffs off of Jay's jeans and slapped them around the man's wrists. "Now, what do you say?" The taller woman smirked as she leaned down to speak into the man's ear.

I playfully rolled my eyes as a police cruiser pulled up to us. "Jay, let's go," I tell her. She doesn't move for a bit as she hums in thought. Another officer gets out of the car, opening the back door.

"Jay!" She rolls her eyes and gets up from the man, grabbing his arm and yanking him to his feet. "Fine!" She grumbles.

"Y'all need a ride back to the station?" The officer asks, closing the back door after Jay shoves the man in. I was just able to hear the man's complaints of her roughness before the door was slammed shut.

I waved the officer off. "No thanks, Miller." I come up and wrap an arm around my partner's shoulders. "I think we're gonna head out to a bar to celebrate."

I glanced up at Jay, a small smirk on my lips as I notice her discomfort from the physical touch. Her body tenses, but she plays it off with a hoot. "Hell-fucking-yes, let's par-tay!"

Officer Miller looks at the two of us with a raised brow and half-smile. "Okay, well, don't get yourselves into trouble," he says, opening the door to the driver's seat behind him. "Wouldn't wanna arrest ya on your birthday."

——

It was sometime past 11pm. Jimmy's Bar was packed tonight, as it usually is. I wasn't sure how much I've had to drink, but as I looked over at my partner in her state, I could easily tell I was way more sober than her.

Her head bobbed side to side for a moment as she stared off into her personal headspace. I laughed as I waved a hand in front of her face. "Hey! Woo-hoo? Jay!"

She mutters some drunken words before her head collapses onto the bar top. A few of the men around us glance her way, a few giving a small laugh while others looked at her as if she was an idiot. I glanced over at the old man beside me, who gave her a look.

When his blue eyes meet my gaze, he gives a chuckle and a shake of his head. "Drank too much than she can handle?"

"She's fine," I say. Giving the girl another glance, she was, in fact, not fine. Her face was beginning to turn pale and she kept adjusting herself on the barstool as if she was uncomfortable. "Are you gonna be sick?"

"No. You're gonna be sick," she says. The Lieutenant behind me gives another chuckle before taking a swig from his cup.

I sigh as I wrap her arm around my shoulder and get her on her feet. We were both unsteady, making the situation more challenging. I laughed as I just about tripped over myself as we made our way to the back of the bar and into the woman's restroom.

"Toilet. Puke in there, not on the floor," I tell her, pushing her towards the toilet. She loses her balance as her foot catches on the other, her hands flying out to catch herself over the toilet. I laugh at her as I closed the door, locking it.

My face scrunches up in disgust as she begins to gag over the toilet bowl. I looked away as bile rises up her throat. "Oh, gross," I mumble, putting a hand over my mouth as I tried to not puke myself.

I leaned against the wall to keep my balance, my stance unsteady.