dis for you bestie butterybutterboy 😩 (2)

After that encounter with Carlos, I was pent up on doing anything else. He's a dick, and I hate him. Okay, hate may be a strong word, but I have a growing disliking towards him. I try to not let it bother me but it does. It bothers me a lot.

"And you like him?" I ask in disbelief.

"He's hot!" Jalanique exclaims.

"He's a jerk," I say. It's always the hot ones that are absolute assholes. "You know I like the bad boys," she says.

"Bad boys," I emphasize. "Not assholes."

"It's funny," she says. I roll my eyes with a small smile. "I guess if you're into that kind of guy." A mischievous grin spreads on my face and I look up at her.

"He was totally blushing when he walked away."

"Well, duh," she drags out before slapping her butt. "Who wouldn't want this fine ass?" I laughed.

We sit on a bench to hide from the blazing sun and watch as people walk past, attending to their chores and errands. "Why is it so hot?" I whine.

"Because I'm just that good looking," Jalanique boasts. I lean in close to her. "So sexy," I say.

"Nah, you're the sexiest thing on this planet." I roll my eyes with a laugh, sitting back up. Jalanique suddenly lets out a gasp, hitting my arm. I rub it in pain, "Ow!"

"There's Camilo," she says his name in a sing-song tone to tease me. I scan the crowd immediately, trying to find the boy. "Really! Where?"

"Over there!" She points. I follow her finger and there he was. My heart begins to race and I fling my hands, stomping my feet on the ground as I stifle a scream. "Oh my god, oh my god."

"Come on!" Jalanique grabs my wrist and pulls me to my feet. I try to pull away from her, but her grip was too tight. "Camilo!"

"Wait!" I try to stop her, planting my feet into the ground but I was too weak against her. "Jason, stop! Oh my god!"

"Camilo," she sang out, louder. The said boy turns around, looking around to see who was calling him when he caught sight of us and smiles.

"Buenas tardes, señoritas," he greets. "Is there something you need?" I look down at my feet, already feeling my face heat up in embarrassment. I knew exactly how this was going to go down.

"Oh, no. Just that I found your girlfriend." I wanted to laugh, to cry, or even just to die. I wanted to run but I knew Jay wouldn't let me go.

"Girlfriend?" He asks, confused, looking over at me for a moment. Jay wraps an arm around my shoulder. "Her lips are looking quite lonely, don't you think?"

"Uh—" I look up at her. This was too fast. "You should use your lips to hug hers," she continues.

Please, just stop. End my suffering right now. "Kill me," I mumble under my breath.

"Oop, she's a little dirty-minded right now. She just said you are fucking hot."

"No I didn't!" I pull away from her. I looked over at Camilo, curious on his reaction, only to immediately regret it and return my gaze to my feet. He wore a teasing grin on his face as he looked at me.

"If you wanted to ask me out, all you had to do was ask," he says to me. I stutter out random words, flustered, and hardly able to look him in the eye.

"No!" I shout. "I mean, no." My mind was racing just as fast as my heart and it felt like I could pass out at any minute. I was officially embarrassed to the core and my stomach was turning into knots. It felt like I was going to be sick.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." I send a glare Jay's way as I take a step back. "I have to go." I whip around and practically run away from them. I could hear Jay's laughs from behind me as she speaks a few words to Camilo before catching up to me.

"Looks like I got you a date," she woos.

"I absolutely fucking hate you," I whine, covering my face in embarrassment and shaking my head in disbelief.

"Pfft, you'll love me more once that hot shawty is yours."

"I don't think I can ever talk to him again," I mutter. It would be too weird, too awkward. I glance over my shoulder to where Camilo was. He was now talking to another person before shifting into them.

Nope. Never again. I won't even be able to look him in the eye. "You're gonna have to, because he told me that he was going to ask you out on a date."

"You liar!" I exclaim. She laughs. "God, I hate you so much."

"You love me."

"Unfortunately," I say, rolling my eyes.