Billy Hargrove - Soccer

Billy Hargrove x Male reader

"You really aren't coming?" Y/N asks his mother — who for some goddamn reason — refuses to go to his games. She usually drops him, but she's being an asshole at the moment.

"No, Y/N. I'm busy." She replies with the most monotone voice as she stares at the TV.

Y/N huffs a humorless laugh. "You know what? Never mind." He throws his bag over his shoulders, "Since you're just sooooo busy, I'm gonna take the car." He grabs the keys off the wall without waiting for a reply.

He wants to say he'll be back before 7 but he knows she wouldn't even notice if he came home at all.

He throws himself into the car, shoving his bag with his equipment on the passenger seat. He sighs and rests his head against the steering wheel for a moment — trying not to punch the window at the thought that nobody will be at his game again. He's used to it by now, but it would be really nice if someone actually came and watched him play.

He drives onto the road, and blasts the radio. He's bopping his head to some Metallica as he turns into the school. He parks and he sees some of his teammates waiting with their families before they need to start warming up.

He stays in the car for a second, looking around the crowd and spotting Billy fucking Hargrove. He's only heard bad things about him — and Y/N is a bit worried as to why he's there. He really hopes none of his teammates end up getting a black eye by the end of the night.

Y/N gets out, grabbing his bag and heading towards the field. His coach and some teammates are already at the bench, so he greets them accordingly.

"If you want, you can have your family sit over here beside the bench — they can see a lot better over here." His coach says, gesturing to the area he's talking about.

"Yeah. Yeah I'll let 'em know." Y/N mumbles as he puts on his cleats. He slides his shin guards into his thick socks and stands up. At this point he's very close to kicking his coach in the nuts.

He's not thinking about the fact that no one is there to watch him destroy this other team, he really isn't. He doesn't need his asshole of a mom or his useless dad to win the game.

Just as Y/N is getting into his position, he spots Billy again. He's sitting on the hood of his Camaro, a cigarette in his mouth. He tries not to stare long, but he thinks Billy catches him because he sees a grin take over his face.

The whistle blows, and Y/N gets in the zone. When halftime rolls around, they're up by 4 — the score being 6 - 2.

The game finishes and Hawkins' High has won 8 - 2, Y/N scoring 6 of the goals. He talks with his team for a bit, then makes his way to the car.

Before getting in, he sees Billy. Who seems to be looking in his direction with a concentrated face. The weirdest part is, Billy hadn't moved the whole game. Stayed sat atop his Camaro, and didn't talk to anyone. Y/N doesn't stay long though, he pulls out of the parking lot and heads back to his house.

Y/N has another game. That as usual his parents don't want to go to.

He drives into the school again and parks, waiting in the car. He's just chilling with the music and air conditioning on for a moment before he hears the familiar booming that is Billy's Camaro.

 Y/N tries to think of a reason as to why Billy would be here again. It doesn't make any sense, because this really isn't Billy's crowd. A basketball game seems more fitting for him — since the soccer games have a quieter crowd, with no parties afterwards.