𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙾: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙴𝙴𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶

*𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒂𝒂𝒏𝒗𝒊 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒀𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒗'𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒆𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒖𝒑 𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆*

"Jija ji aa gaye." Akruti teases Saanvi.
(Brother-in-law has arrived)

"No, that ain't your jija ji." Denies Saanvi. "Because your jija ji is standing up there." They both look up.

"Oh, then who's that then?" Akruti curiously asks, still walking up to the house.

"Probably one of his business colleagues, I reckon." Saanvi replies.

*𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒍𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒗𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒕, 𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊'𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆*

"What is this idiot doing here?" Akruti angrily asks Saanvi whilst she pauses in her steps.

"I don't know, maybe Rehan invited him, but Akruti, this is not the time to create a drama hurry up they're waiting for us." Saanvi tries to pull Akruti in.

*𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒈𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆*

"Ah, Saanvi beti, you are here!" Says a voice in delight.

"Mr Yadav, it's a pleasure to see you." Saanvi smiles and touches Mr Yadav's feet.

"Don't be so formal. It is only a wait of a couple of months, and then you will be my daughter-in-law." Hugs, Saanvi. "Akruti, you're also here. It's so great to see you. I believe the last time I saw you was at the engagement." Mr Yadav further continues.

*𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝑴𝒓 𝒀𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒗'𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒕*

"Yes. I've been slightly busy, but I thought I'd come along today as I have a bit of free time." Replies, Akruti.

"Hello, Sir. How have you been?" Says another voice.

"Varun beta. I've been good, thank you. I heard the good news. Congratulations, I hope you will throw a grand party soon to celebrate." Says Mr Yadav, smiling at Varun.

"Hopefully soon, Mr Yadav, I've been trying to get to grips with this company." Replies, Varun.

"Come in, sit, guys. Rehan, go and bring your mother." Says Mr Yadav.

"Sure, father." Replies Rehan.

*𝑹𝒆𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓*

*** AKRUTI'S POV ***
What is this grumpy little shit doing here? Does he not get any peace? Everywhere I go, he seems to be flipping present. Why is he so obsessed with my presence?

*** VARUN'S POV ***
Oh my days, why is this little annoying crap here? I can't have any peace in my life. She's always there. Isn't there a way to erase her from my presence?

*𝑩𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒎𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒔𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝑹𝒆𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓*

"Hello, everyone. I'm so sorry I was cooking." Hastily speaks Mrs Yadav, trying to catch up with her breathing.

"No worries, ma'am. Please sit." Varun stands up, and let's Rehan's mother sit.

"Dear you didn't need to do that." Mrs Yadav speaks softly. "Saanvi, who is this young lady you've bought along beta?" Mrs Yadav asks.

"Ma, this is Akruti. She's been my best friend since I was 7. She doesn't come along much because she is so busy with running her flower shop, but she's decided to tag along today." Says Saanvi.

"Namaste Auntie." Akruti says whilst smiling.

"Namaste beti." Replies, Mrs Yadav. "Okay, so we gather here today. Just to forward on a few tasks, we need to create a list of everything that needs to be done and everything that we need for the wedding to be accomplished successfully." Mrs Yadav comes on straight to the point. "We have 4 different events, and so we will need a lot of things. Firstly, we need to start off with the guests list and deciding the venue." Mrs Yadav further continues. "Rehan and Saanvi, I believe that you two should go and decide where the venue should be. Go and explore your options." Mrs Yadav smiles fondly. "And Varun and Akruti can decide what to do for the decorations as that also needs to be done, Rehan, me and your father will look after the guests list, and then both of you can confirm whether it is right or not." Mrs Yadav finishes.

"Aki, don't cause any drama, please. I know you don't like Varun, but please just do this one task. I promise I'll speak to my mother-in-law and tell her not to put you with Varun again for another task." Saanvi begs Akruti.

"Fine, but it's only because it's you. I wouldn't do it for anyone else." Akruti reluctantly says, squinting her eyes again at Varun.

*𝑺𝒂𝒂𝒏𝒗𝒊'𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒖𝒑 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒇*

"Thank you, you're the best!" Says Saanvi.

"I know I am." Laughs Akruti.

"Okay, we will take your leave then." Varun gets up from his seat and signals Akruti to get up, too. He has a very irritated look on his face.

*** AKRUTI'S POV ***
Who does this man think he is? I'm not some dog to follow along with his signals, but I am helpless. I have to because I promised my budhoo best friend that I wouldn't create a drama.

*** VARUN'S POV ***
Great! Now I'm stuck with this stupid woman, doing a stupid job. Why does my life have to be like this for? I wish I never came, I have so much other work I need to get done, and here I am going to be stuck with a stupid idiot. Guess I have to do it. It's not like I have a choice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's note-

Hey there 👋🏼,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, please leave a like and comment on the chapter! I would really appreciate any suggestions/improvements.

See you in the next chapter!
- Author Ahmeli 🤍